How to remove a logo?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Karcinogen, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Okay so I'm gonna be getting a new bong soon, but i realllllllyyyyyy despise the logo on it. I like my glass to have swaggah' with clean lines and minimal fuss, not some shitty colored logo on.

My question is how would you remove the logo from the glass, without damaging the glass? I read somewhere about using sugar because the crystals are strong enough to remove paint/ink, but not strong enough to scratch the glass.. but i couldn't read it all because you needed to register. fuck that.

how would you blades would go about this?

I'm not even an anti-logo whore, i just think it ruins the piece. If its a nice logo i'd gladly let it grace my tube.

:smoke:

2. #2 Hydroriffic, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2010
    I was staring at my logo and was wondering how they are put on. Seems like youd do more damage trying to get it off.

When i was younger i used to paint my bmx frames, in the process id use this crazy spray-on paint stripper(shit was knarly), it would take everything off down to the metal. Although it required scraping, this is where the damage might happen.

Something like this [​IMG]

Youve have to be kinda idiotic imo to use this stuff on a tube. Just only thing i could think of to help u.

3. yeah. I'm thinking i have some glass drinking cup things with writing on.. the process used must be practically the same so if i can remove them without damaging.. i can try on the tube. I will try on the downstem first which has a small logo on.. that wont matter hugly if its scratched as i'm probably gonna be getting another one. Its just i really hate the logo man, it completely ruins the tube.

i'll keep googling it. Thanks anyway. :smoke:

4. there's two things you can do
    soak in hot water for a hour then scrub with magic eraser sponge
    or the exact same thing but soak I'm alcahol

5. Thanks man, is this 100% effective? I know logo eventually start to wear and the glass isn't damaged so there must be a way of speeding this process up. :)

:smoke:

6. I think the logo will leave a rough area in the glass if you try to remove it. It might look worse if you do succeed in taking it off...

7. What logo is that ugly?

8. Soak that bitch in Simple Green for 2 or 3 days. Rub it with a toothbrush/some other kind of rough brush. Should come right off. If it doesn't try soaking it for a few more days then try rubbing it off again.

9. mr clean magic eraser.

10. post a pic of this logo please

11. This. If the logo is painted this will take it off with no problem.

12. that sounds like the right idea....

13. What does the logo say?

14. No that is not effective. That is retarded. It's a ceramic logo that is fire-polished onto pyrex glass. Rubbing alcohol isn't going to do shit. I'm trying to figure out how to do the same thing, minus all the stupid responses. Alcohol won't work, simple green won't work, and any other usual cleaner won't get a PERMANENT logo off. Right now, the only two things I know of are hydrofluoric acid and ammonium pentafluoride. Both actually etch the glass so they remove a very thin layer, also removing the ceramic. Trust me.

15. Cover it up with a sticker of your choice.

Post a picture.

16. This... I once accidentally soaked a Roor slide in SG for 3 weeks and the logo washed completely off under hot water and some slight finger pressure by rubbing it.