Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How To Quit? (Hypothetical) - Chronic Daily Users

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by PrinceOfTheCity, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Calling all the chronic daily blades!

Just hypothetically thinking, if I was to ever consider quitting ( I plan on toking til death, every day but just a hypothetical) what is the best way to go about it? I use 1-2x a day every day, some holidays or days when I have nothing important to do I will literally have 5-6 sessions a day this is rare though. It's almost been 5 years now with me and mary :) 

I can't imagine going 1 day without it, let alone quitting - do people just go cold turkey? I would obviously not sleep a minute for a few days if not a week, so I would probably catch something and get sick to, but after that initial phase I would be fine I'm guessing. 

How do you guys go about it or how did you guys go about it? Best and worst ways? Successful/Uncessful experiences? 

2. Ive toked on and off since i was 16 im 23 now.. had a break on 1 year and had 1-4 month breaks in between.

Its all a matter of mind over matter.. 
    I know the feeling going from chronic use everyday to smoking once every month or not smoking at all.
    You will probly feel restless in the beginning maybe loss of appetite and life seems boring sometimes.
    Just remember you wont feel like this forever.
    For me personally i tend to be more active in my hobbies im a programmer and a game developer and work in IT company.. Working out also helps immensely while not smoking the herb. Whatever you do dont replace weed with alchohol.. 
    Soon you will enjoy music and life in general alot more without smoking weed. Its just a process in youre mind..
    Currently on a break atm havent toked in 3 weeks but today im gonna get blazed :) 
    Cheers. 

3. For me, I smoke on the weekends now that I'm back in college. But during the summer and breaks, I smoke maybe 1-2 times a day. And when I stop, I just stop. I mean it's not addicting (although if you could be addicted you definitely sound it haha) so I just stop. It's easy when you have other things to distract you. Like school, or going to the gym instead, whatever

4. Back in high school, I'd wake 'n' bake in the shower every morning, smoke in the school bathroom during study periods, come home and 4:20 in the afternoon then have a midnight toke before bed. I did this for like 2 years, but in what you Americans call senior year I think (Year 11 and 12 in Australia) I cut down to just 4:20 and midnight tokes because I had to get my grades up.

Anyway, I smoked nearly everyday. We had to go on school camp for 4 days once so obviously, I didn't bring any. I couldn't sleep the first night. My appetite was gone. I had no motivation to do anything.

Even though weed isn't "addictive," it's definitely not easy to quit for daily users. If I had to though, I'd say cold turkey is the best way. Cut off ties from dealers, sell your pieces and hang out less and less with toking buddies. The first week or so will be difficult, but after then you'd probably feel perfectly normal.
    You'd never be able to get rid of the temptation though.