how to properly wire a light socket.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by the_biggreenbud, Nov 12, 2013.

1. How does one properly wire a standard light socket fixture with an extension cord? il upload a pic of the one I'm talking about! 

2. There

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. Black wire to brass screws, white wire to solve screws and green wire to ground (green screw)

4. It doesn't matter if the extension cord wires are like not the solid one piece of copper, but instead like a bunch of little wires?

5. As such?

Attached Files:

6. No, that doesn't matter. If the socket fixture has colored wires, match up the colors from your extension cord...black to black, white to white, bare wire to green ground.

Make sure you twist the wires and cap them with a plastic wire end caps...this is important.

7. Alright thanks a lot guys

8. Make a loop with the end of the wire so it wraps around the screw and can not wiggle itself loose.

9. First shut the power off to that location!!!!!!!!

DOH!

10. Then his bulb won't light.. He's not tapping into anything. Wiring a socket to an extension cord.
    Assuming said cord isn't plugged in while he's doing this, there is no risk of electrocution.

11. In the USA see attached pick, in the Euro, see your local librarian ...lol 2nd pic is to compare, many start on cfl's but soon move to Mh/hps ....you gotta ask why?

Attached Files: