How to properly top?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GrowinItFrench, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Hey there fellow blades, I was just wondering if any of you could tell me how to properly top my plant, you could let me know about multiple methods, but I'd appreciate it if you could include visuals. I have tried YouTube and google but neither of them have really helped, so I thought I'd come to the experts for some advice!

2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chMcJE8n8QU]How To Top Marijuana Plants - Topping Marijuana Plants 101 - YouTube[/ame]

3. just remember. where the leaf hits the stem , thats where the new chutes come out of. (the new branches)

4. Thanks for the feedback guys but I have some pics here, can you circle which part I'm supposed to cut?

Attached Files:

5. These pics make tough examples because your center growth is so new, but dead center where the newest tiny leaf growth is, you would trim that after you can see it like it was in the vid. But you can see where I mean....
    [​IMG]

6. [quote name='"Thundrstrike420"']These pics make tough examples because your center growth is so new, but dead center where the newest tiny leaf growth is, you would trim that after you can see it like it was in the vid. But you can see where I mean....
    [/quote]

Okay, that's what I thought but I didn't want to go scissor crazy and kill the girl.. How long do you think I should wait?

7. Wait till there is a clearly developed top, honestly the dude that does the video kinda rambles on but it you look right where he cut the center, you want the same piece. I bet in 4-5 days you'll see it.

8. So those two branches that are growing beside the top should be left alone? If I wait to long, won't the "tops" turn into branches much like the ones below it?

9. view my journal in my sig. the recent video update i added shows new groth from a topped plant, check it see what happens.

10. [quote name='"root2vest"']view my journal in my sig. the recent video update i added shows new groth from a topped plant, check it see what happens.[/quote]

Nice man, that head band is HUGE. You should be proud. :)
    I really don't want to screw this up.. What do you think would happen if I tried to snip it now, based on my pictures?

11. Correct, leave the ones on either side alone and do the topping 2 or 3 times over the next few weeks to end up with a "V" shaped plant rather than the traditional xmas tree shape which is a lower yield shape.

12. Okay.. Hmmm.. This is gonna be interesting. What options do I have if we're talking about lst'ing? I'm just looking for a few methods to increase yield.

13. cut it, top it.. just make sure not to cut the fan leaf, but yeah man, top the shit.

14. [quote name='"root2vest"']cut it, top it.. just make sure not to cut the fan leaf, but yeah man, top the shit.[/quote]

Qfuck I'm nervous. :p

15. grow some balls, are you a farmer or a fa.g?

16. lol..jkjk i was real nervous as well.

17. No need to be rude to my buddy. He expresses a sincere concern!

18. [quote name='"root2vest"']

lol..jkjk i was real nervous as well.[/quote]

How hard did I fuck up?

Attached Files:

19. I know man, I was joking and he knows that.

20. not at all, looks awesome bro, now its feels better right?

+rep for getting through that. :hello: