How to properly take a temp reading

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gdoggrower, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Hey GC community,
    I'm on my third grow now, but I've always wondered, how do people take their temperature readings: in the "sun", or in the shade? It is a significant difference, and I think that taking the reading in the shade is more accurate, because you're light intensity can make your thermometer read a lot higher, what do you guys think?
    gdoggrower

2. I'm not 100% sure on this either, but you could just check both to make sure the sun temp. isn't unreasonably high.

3. in shade the temp much cooler than in direct sun , so depending on where you have your plants you should take the temp there , the light rays wont make a difference to the temp

4. Under the light at plant-top height. You want to measure the "worst" that the plants are actually experiencing.

I knew a grower once who was having temp problems -- he thought he solved his problems by moving his thermometer to a different spot in the box. His plants died.

5. I use a thermometer gun and point it at the highest part of the plant or top of the bud