Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to properly load a bowl?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TehWall, Nov 6, 2009.

1. I was wondering what's the proper way to load a bowl?

When I buy, I usually get a Dub and it's always a solid nugget and I just break it apart and put a mini nugget in there enough for one massive gravity bong rip, then load another one after that hit. Other people I know put in enough for like 3 hits and just keep relighting it till it's done, and I know other people who grind it up first and load it till it's full. I'm wondering, am I doing it right?

Thanks. :D

2. well, it would be very different depending on what your talking about it. ive never used a grav bong so i cant say, but any other typer of bowl, i grind of my bud not too fine, into some nice flakes usually about 2 1/2-3 turns. then i take a few nice pinches, load it in the bowl, if i really wanna finish of the rest of my bud ill push the bowl down a little bit, but not too much so i leave proper air flow for nice hits

3. dont mean to sound like a douche but there is a botton on the top that says "seach" if u type this question in there ull probly find a shitload of threads all about this...

4. None showing how to load a bowl. =/

5. break it up. put it in da bowl.

6. I never did a gravity, but i did a waterfall..I put enuff to make enuff THC enhanced smoke fill the whole bottle..Didnt want straight ash smoke coming in towards the end..Somehow came out perfect..bottle filled, bowl cashed.

7. Okay, grav bongs are my specialty.

Basically, if you are using a socket for your grav bong, you just want to pack it pretty tight until the entire socket is filled. Do not pack it to tight, or none of the air will be getting through and you'll just be burning the weed and not getting any smoke, haha.

So yeah, pack the socket completely and depending on the size of the socket you should get at LEAST three burns. Burn it once to get the first great hit. Burn it twice to get the bottom of the socket. Burn it for the last time to get anything that was left over.

Basically, you should be packing .1 or .2 of a gram each time. A dub should last you 10 or so hits, and if you're using a grav bong, you'll only need about 3-4... even if its mids. Haha.

Get a dub of dank and try out your grav. It's AMAZING.

8. Tried my first waterfall this weekend, generally same idea and i have to admit..my eyes have been opened..amazing hits on so little weed..I was definatly gettin high off the first hit too. 2 liter gave me like 4-5 hits per bowl tho.

9. Waterfall bongs are definitely a fun experience, but to be honest, a hassle. If you make yourself a legitimate gravity bong, you will notice how much easier it is compared to a waterfall bong, and how much stronger the hits are.

10. If gravs are your specialty I would highly suggest getting a gravitron. I used grav bongs for about half a year (my only piece) and then i bought a gravitron. My god they really are amazing. Mine was 55$ so nothing too bad but its worth it.

Iv said this before but if all you do is rip Gs then why not get the G'Sus of Gbongs?

Anyway just saying i highly recommend if you were like me. You know... cool :cool: lol

11. Ha. I would definitely buy one of those Gravitrons, but since my homemade one was completely free and hits hard, I really don't know if I would dish out 55$ for one. I mean, if I had 55$ on hand, I would just spend it on 55$ worth of weed. Hahaha.

12. break it up by hand or by grinder first if you would like to.

EDIT: i forgot the ice notches. oops.

Attached Files:

13. Classic. By far my favorite diagram.

14. damn, just tear it up, put the shit in a bowl and put the fire to it. It's not complicated. I don't think it is anyway.

15. There isn't a "right way" per se to pack a bowl. Pack a bowl the way you feel comfortable with, but personally I prefer to break it down as much as possible. The more broken down it is, the more Surface Area it has, which I believe makes better use of the THC.

16. Take weed.
    Break up. (Grinder, scissors, hand)
    Put into bowl.
    Light with lighter.
    Inhale.
    enjoy.