How to properly clean a glass bong?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Dottumblrdotcom, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Hey I am new to bongs, and I just got one a few months ago (finally got to use it this week) and I was wondering how to clean it out? Mine isn't a plain cylindrical bong, but instead has two weird swirls in it on it's way to the top of the opening. These swirls go past the path required for smoke to travel and I guess only end up trapping water and probably are going to be a trouble to clean. It takes forever to get the water to leave those glass curl things.
    Anyways, so how do I clean it? Do I soak it in rubbing alcohol, or what else do I do? I didn't have any rubbing alcohol for some reason so I just rinsed the bong with water a few times and then soaked the bowl for 10 minutes and scrubbed that with a Q-tip. I figure I should get some pipe cleaners too.

2. This is the part of the reason to why I have not gotten one of those types of bongs yet. feels like it would be a nightmare to clean. My real question is how does she smoke so I can know if it's worth the trouble of getting one =D

3. -How to clean a glass bong-
    1) have iso rubbing alcohol
    2) have some sea salt
    3) pour 50/50 mix of both in bong
    4)hold female end and mouth piece with hands.
    5)shake like hell until clean
    6) rinse throughly with water
    7)smoke a bowl

4. ^everytime i do this i get a white coating on the inside of my bong and my hits taste like salt.

id say use some "Simple Green" mix it with a bit of hot water, plug the stem and let it sit for 24 hours, rinse and you'll be happy as a clam.

5. [quote name='"veinte uno"']^everytime i do this i get a white coating on the inside of my bong and my hits taste like salt.

id say use some "Simple Green" mix it with a bit of hot water, plug the stem and let it sit for 24 hours, rinse and you'll be happy as a clam.[/quote]

Like i said. Wash it out alot, my bongs are clean and the hits taste great so i have never had that problem.

6. must be using wrong salt or something, or you got the wrong iso alcohol, or your bong isnt good glass, if glass at all.
    iso and salt work fucknig great man, you dont always need the salt though, but its the best method as runnig warm water all over the piece isnt good for the glass.

7. I don't think I'm qualified to recommend anything yet, since my whole time smoking, it's been through either a water bottle bowl (I know it's terrible for me) and this bong, which I have used about ten times.

My bong is probably about a foot long but doesn't have much volume. I think my water bottle bowls can hold more smoke in them, but my bong makes the hit so much smoother. Instead of burning my throat upon inhaling, I now burn my throat upon exhaling. I can get much higher from my bong than a water bottle bowl is all I can really say.
    Oh, and I wasn't sure if water was supposed to get inside the curls of the bong, so I put water in my bong through the slide :p I don't think I'm supposed to do that, but it's easy as fuck to put in the right amount of water. Oh, and when I'm really high, I feel like water hits my lips during a rip. I dont think it's physically possible since there is a curve that'd prevent water from reaching my mouth, but it definitely fucks with my head.

Weird shit though. Last time I smoked (through the bong, of course), I used about 3/4 of a gram (I smoke rarely, so I got pretty high) and I got into this weird coughing fit where it felt like my left lung wasn't doing anything. I then got stuck in between coughs and couldn't breath. I got little gasps for a 30 second period. Creepy shit. I felt like I was going to suffocate, but then I calmed myself down, figuring that I was probably just having a panic attack or something like that from the weed.

I went right back to enjoying my high, though :D

8. This kind of bong isn't what I would pick, though. My mom bought it for me as a gift. I guess she didn't want me to ruin my lungs.
    I probably could have gotten a nicer cylindrical bong for the same price, but it was still a really great gift.

9. try sandblasting. ;);)

10. 91% isopropyl alcohol and epsom salt. Then rinse out very very well. Enjoy

If its a smaller piece (pipe) put it in a zip loc and shake it for a while.

11. Umm, just rinse it 3 times with hot water after the salt flush?

Do you just let the salt sit in there?

:confused_2::confused_2:

12. Leave rubbing alcohol in it for a few hours. Come back and rinse well. Smoke da ganjaaaaaa.