Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to proceed from here? Parent problems

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Po4381994, Jun 30, 2013.

1. I'm pretty new to smoking, just as of this summer. I've smoked 5 or 6 times with my girlfriend and a good friend, and recently after my first time, I talked to my mom about weed, and discovered that her and my dad are also smokers. My mom and I are very open about it all, I haven't come out and said it but I'm sure she knows I've smoked. My dad however, I'm not so open with. He is aware that I know about his use of marijuana, as of today, but it just seemed awkward. I want to get to where I don't have to hide that I smoke, and my parents and I can all talk about it, maybe even smoke together. My relationship with my parents is great, I just don't want to piss him off by forcing the topic. To make matters a little weirder, my parent buy from my girlfriends dad, who also gives us our weed when we smoke. So is wanting to be open about it with them such a bad thing? I'm a responsible son, always help, always get good grades, going to a good college, (although I will be living at home still). I appreciate any responses, thanks in advance :)

2. all i noticed is a fucked up stoner triangle between you your parents and girlfriends parents...haha:blink:

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Ask your dad if he wants to smoke some really dank bud you just scored. He will say yes.

4. Definitely a one in a million situation...

5. Dont make it awkward. Just be happy to be able to go on with your smoking casually. Dont try too hard to hide it but theres really no need to make it obvious either.. Just  go about your business as usual and maybe the time will come.

6. #6 mr0jack, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
    You are literally in a perfect situation.I would let them know you smoke. I would want nothing more then to be able to smoke with my parents, maybe then we would actually talk to each other haha

7. if you have your shit together, job and or school im sure he wont care if you offer to smoke with him. before dinner pull out a packed bowl and say grace ;)

8. #8 Marktasti, Jun 30, 2013
    Damn I wished my parents smoked, that would chill them out a little, what a lucky guy you are.  Anyway, just let it come about naturally and don't try to force anyone to say anything and maybe you will get to have your dad smoke you out or something.

9. You call that a problem? lol, like the hippie kid said....just do what you do....

10. Haha man that sounds amazing like that stoner triangle bluntman was talking about. I would kill if that worked out with my family and my girlfriend's. If I was in your situation I would just ask your dad if he is cool with it because i could see him not wanting you too as a parent I mean its not that bad of a thing to do at all, its just not necessarily a good idea  Worst thing he says he doesnt want you to do it and you keep it on the dl

11. #11 Po4381997, Jun 30, 2013
    It's not a Problem so much, just that I didn't know how to proceed. I think I'll just continue to smoke, but not cover it up? ie. no cologne and don't change my shirt and no visine. I'll wair for it to come about naturally. It is summer so I don't see why he would care, it isn't affecting other parts if my life.

12. I'm in a similar situation; we never see eye to eye, haha.

Anyway OP, go grab an eighth; roll a blunt/cone, sit down with your old man and enjoy.

13. I know they smoked the stuff they got from him last night, so I'm considering just asking my dad how the stuff was haha

14. Man, youre one lucky mahafaka

15. You are lucky as fuck that this is your situation. Man you should just ask your dad to smoke with you

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I thought I was lucky. Jeez dude, you fucking scored hard. I told my mom I smoked within the first 3 months of me developing the habit. I understand some people are terrified to do it because of the consequences, but honestly in your situation I think you are fine. Just tell your parents.

17. Are you the OP too?
    Maybe he just wants you to wait until you're an adult. :smoke:

18. Smoking with my dad is awkward as fuck... I don't like to do it. At all. He smokes, I smoke, but we rarely ever smoke together. Just seems weird and not the kind of relationship we want to have.

19. #19 BaxterTheDog, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
    That caught my eye too, Is the OP 16 or 19? ahaha