Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How To Prevent Short Term Memory Lost

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Still wondering, Jun 2, 2013.

1. I never had short term memory and hopefully never will but heard from reports that weed gives you them so is there any way to prevent it

2. Is there an answer?

3. what was the question?

4. I want to know how I can prevent memory lost if I smoke weed because I heard weed negatively effects your memory

5. #5 Storm Crow, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013
    Cannabidiol inhibits THC-elicited paranoid symptoms and hippocampal-dependent memory impairment.      (abst – 2012)          http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23042808

Impact of cannabidiol on the acute memory and psychotomimetic effects of smoked cannabis: naturalistic study.      (abst - 2010)      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20884951

Key ingredient dilutes marijuana's effect on memory.         (news – 2010)
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Key+ingredient+dilutes+marijuana%27s+effect+on+memory.-a0238532965

And short term memory loss is an acceptable side effect if you consider the effect on preventing Alzheimer's! I'll trade losing the car keys now and then for remembering who the heck I am, any old day!

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's      (news - 2006)
    http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20061006/marijuana-may-slow-alzheimers

[SIZE=10pt]“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Granny  [/SIZE]

6. Kinda hope your winding us up But yeah we all have a short term memory, it's something you most definitely want to have!

I know what your trying to say though, supposedly excessive use can have an effect on your short term memory. I've been smoking for almost a decade now, and I'm fine.

What were we talking about again?

7. My advice to you would be to try playing those memory games online!

8. I haven't seen any change in my STM after a year and a half of smoking. I'm still just as forgetful now as I was when I wasn't a stoner.

9. I forgot what I was was going to tell you guys

10. Its not a big deal people always think losing short term memory loss is so bad but for me its actually a funny thing i laugh at myself when i make something to eat and forget about it for hours or i forget milk goes in the refrigerator not the closet

11. #11 UKTokingGrower, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
    The fact that its "short" term memory loss says alot. chill out, stop stressing and smoke a J man, its short term because it doesnt last long and your memory is restored as soon as you sober up :smoke:

12. #12 jizzledfreq, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013
    Short Term Memory Loss isn't actual loss of any memories. It's basically when you are thinking about something, "I need to go take out the trash it's getting pretty full." and then 30 minutes later you've forgotten all about taking out the trash.

It's nothing to worry about really and if you are concerned about it don't smoke weed, if anything it's one of the many benefits of weed. Maybe it's the reason why we get so freaking focused when we're high.

13. I've been experiencing some memory loss as of recently. I'll ask someone a question but then like 20 minutes later i wont remember what they said and have to ask again. This never used to happen to me so maybe im just developing selective hearing haha.