how to prevent my buds from drying to fast?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fireinside2288, Jan 25, 2008.

1. well i cut a little off my top buds. just to test cure it. its my first time. but it already feels dry after just a day and a half. wtf? how do i stop it from drying like that? its in my closet in the dark with a fan on it 24/7. help plz?!

2. I would never put a fan directly over buds unless it's a small pc fan. Fans end up drying out the outsides to fast and causes the buds to turn crispy. I usually dry my buds in a closet for 2-3 days then put them in closed paper bags for another 1-2 then jar them.

3. swa is correct, no direct airflow on drying buddage. the outside of the buds will dry up a lot faster than the inside. it sometimes feels dry on the outside when it really isn't inside. how is the stem feeling? that's how i tell when buds are ready for curing jars. the stem snaps!

4. yeh agree with the guys ,your fan is the prob mate

5. So when you let it dry in the closet, where is it stored? just on a piece of newspaper? or in a box or something? Is it best for them to dry in the dark? and if so/not what is the reasoning? thanks in advance.

6. Yea, i agree, no direct fanage.

You can do it several ways, but its best if the buds are not touching anything so it can dry evenly. Some people just hang them with clothes pins.

7. and the bit about the light? better to dry in the dark or in the light? or does not matter?

8. Dark...light naturally destroys the THC in your bud if it is exposed to light for too long

9. ok thank you, answered my question 100%