how to prevent my buds from drying to fast.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fireinside2288, Jan 25, 2008.

1. well i cut a little off my top buds. just to test cure it. its my first time. but it already feels dry after just a day and a half. wtf? how do i stop it from drying like that? its in my closet in the dark with a fan on it 24/7. help plz?!

2. pop em in a jar with a lid and check every 4-6 hours. When they feel damp again, take them out. Then repeat until perfect.

Peace - OGH

3. what do you mean feel damp again? put it in the jar after its already dried out? then it will turn damp? or not? can you be more elaborate?

4. The outside of the bud will feel dry but there is still moisure inside the bud. When you put the bud in a jar the moisture inside re-hydrates the outside of the bud. I hang mine until the stem snaps and then put the in a jar to cure.

5. Yea, you have to evenly pull the moisture out of the stem as well, so even if the bud feels dry out the outside that quickly, theres still plenty to draw.

6. does it matter how big the jars are? cause im thinkin like baby jars? and better suggestions?

7. Kind of depends on the quantity you're needing to cure. Most use mason jars, Ragu jars, something like that. You DON't want to stuff the buds in there, leave them gently placed in the jars.

This is one of those things where once you get it under your belt the first time, you'll be set and develop your own routine with little to no effort.

Peace - OGH

8. thats your problem mate your blowing a fan onto them thats why they are drying too quick.
    when drying try and hang upside down & in a cool,dry,dark place with good VENTALATION no fans blowing on your buds.

when buds are dry then put into a glass airtight jar & store once again in a cool,dry,dark place.
    then the curing process begins
    the buds will start sweating,meaning the moisture thats inside your buds that you wont feel unless you open bud up,will sweat all the way through the buds making them moist again after a day or 2, this is the curing process;)
    now open jar & leave open for 1/2 hour - an hour then close,repeat daily or whenever you like.........................cure for as long as you want or till you run out of herb:D

hope this helps:smoking: