Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to prevent forgetfulness?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Silky, Mar 11, 2009.

1. #1 Silky, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
    Hey GC,
    I'm going to go see Dave Matthews next month and I'm afraid that I may get too high and become overly forgetful. Does anyone know how to prevent this forgetfulness I get after smoking too much? Is it merely a matter of not smoking in excess? Thank you!:hello:

EDIT: I've had problems were I feel I forget too much in the past, and it given weed a major downside, imo.

2. Don't smoke that much??

I got nothing

3. It's really not hard. All you have to do is...

What was the question again?

4. Write things down on your hand. Just the vital things you need to get by. Just a thought.

5. journal

i used to have a job where we were free to get high all day long.
    i would forgot lots of stuff, so i wrote down my hours, and what i did that day, anything interesting that hapopened, in a little notepad, and kept it in my workbag

6. Sorry I'm high..

What was the question again?

7. I don't know about you, but I never forgot anything when I'm high.. just maybe a little blurry at best.

8. Being high does not make you forgetful, it makes your short term memory foggy. but I almost oppose that idea for regular smokes as your autonomic systems learn to overcome this short term memory impairment.

However what REALLY fuck up your memory is going to SLEEP stoned. When you sleep high your brain does not do REM sleep as correctly or as long as is usually needed. During REM your brain organizes, catalogs, moves, saves, etc all your memory of recent days. Instead your brain like to be in the deep sleep stages of sleep. Where there is little brain activity.

9. When im high, i become forgetfull, like "why are we parked her" or "what have we been doing for the last hour?" Usually the next day i remeber everything i did though

10. Calender/Alarm on cellphone.

11. if there's something really, really important, just write it down. that simple.

12. Are you asking what will help you remember the concert?

Hell if I know. Even concerts where I'm sober, I hardly remember anything. And my friend will say, "That was sick when they played _____." And I'm just like, "What!? When did they play that?"

13. I've just learned to accept my memory sucks (it was pretty bad before I even smoked) so I have all sorts of ways to remember things and remind myself. I have notepads in my phone full of things to remember and lists of things to do, set appointments in my phone for times when I need to do something, and use lots of lists on paper/sticky notes.
    After awhile you'll just make a habit of it and won't forget too many things because you'll be reminded somehow about them when the time comes. For example, I realized today when I was high that I needed to get something from work this coming saturday. There is no way I would remember this on my own, so I just put an all-day appointment in my phone for saturday saying what I needed to do. That way, any time I look at my phone on saturday I'll see the message and will remember to do what I need to do. I do this for so many things, with all different methods, just see what works for you

14. I did not know this.

It kinda makes me want to sober up before I fall asleep now...

15. ^not me :smoking: :)
    best sleep ever...