How To Prevent Computer Problems, Before They Happen!

Discussion in 'General' started by SkunkApe, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Are you still pissed about the patriots losing or what?

2. Now that is a statement I can agree with. We'll be out of a job soon enough, though, as soon as the damn things start fixing themselves. :p

3. Did I ever state that Apache was an OS?

4. You upset about the Lakers losing or what?

No probably not, no real sports fans out in California

5. You know what everyone, I apologize if I seem so "anal-retentive" as sky dog put it.

Day 3 of my tbreak and I find myself with some excess anxiety lately.

6. No, but we were talking about OS's and you jumped from an OS discussion to one about web servers. Confusion can strike at any time, and this time, it did. :)

7. Yeah they all moved to Massachusetts so they could pay a higher state tax.

8. Its all good.

9. Just as susceptible to what? Idiots?

10. I've been running Windows XP for years without any problems. I spent about $600 on my computer, and it would destroy any Mac for the price. Have fun buying overpriced products.

11. #31 SkunkApe, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2008

You remind me of a lot of the I.T. folks I use to work with; they liked to argue too.

I never meant to imply in my original post that a battery backup would protect a pc from a direct lightning hit. I reread the post though, and you're right, it does sound like I'm saying a battery backup will prevent a direct lightning hit. I edited my original post to clear this up for folks.

As for what you said about battery backups being so expensive it's not worth buying for the average pc user...I don't know where you get your battery backups, but they don't cost $200 to $500 dollars for something that would satisfy the needs of the average user. Mine was under $100 brand new, and worth every penny. If you are paying $200 to $500 dollars for personal use battery backups, then I have some I'd love to sell you!

You sound like a very intelligent person. Too bad so many intelligent I.T. guys seem to enjoy arguing over bullshit. The anal personalities of some of the I.T. engineers I use to have to work with was one of the reasons I got out of the business. You seem like a guy who just has to have the last word, so go ahead and reply to this post and rant and say whatever you want until you feel you have smacked me down properly and put me in my place. LOL!