How to preserve skunk males

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ganjamen, Apr 20, 2006.

1. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Hey, me again. I have like 20 plants under 4 ft 40 watt each fluoros. Like 6 are skunk, a friend gave me the seeds and they look like it. The others are off the good bag seeds, some look like plain sativas and some others look like a mix. They are all 1 month old. They are in a 12/12 period to force them to mature earlier, yes i know, yield sacrifice... Now, since they are all genetically diferent, i expected them to flower at diferent times. However, i just found out today that already i got 2 male skunks. Pretty sure about the gender... I dont have access to more skunk seeds, and in mexico i dont know if its safe to order from a seed bank. Obviously id like to preserve as much skunk dna as posible, so, male skunks allowed. But, i dont see the other skunks near flowering, let alone the sativas and mixed. Im terrified at the prospect of losing my two males before they get a chance to knock up all the rest of the troop, which would be my best case scenario, spread the good strain.
    So the main issue here is how can i maximize the posibility or interact with the plants in order to guarantee that skunk pollen will pollinate the skunk ladies first, and the others if there is enough.
    Will apreciate any input. No pics, but looking pretty good for my first grow.
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. There is nothing you can do. In the wild, pollen can travel for many miles and pollinate a female pretty far away. Indoors, just keep a fan on and the male will do the rest.