How to potentaly get high cbd levels in medical strains

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by ledgrow420, Sep 17, 2012.

1. The goal of this post is to provide info on breeding a high cbd strain for medical use. Cbd has a high medical value, and in some cases is more helpfully to a patient then the high thc. Most sativa strains have a higher thc/cbd ratio then indicas or ruderalis. Also Most if not all medical strains a variations of the cannabis used for recreation, and the strains used for recreation tend to have a higher thc/cbd ratio then strains used for industrial use (ie. hemp). So if you gave a medical patient hemp would it help them probably, but it would also cause headaches and would lack beneficial cannabanoids such as thc. So what you would have to do is cross the strain so that you would have cbd and other non psychoactive cannabanoids, but still having the psychoactive ones to have a beneficial positive effect.

So what you have to do is basically trim down your Puckett square. Even thought the thc and most of the Psychoactive cannaboids are associated with the female, it is actually most effected by the mothers dad. So you know that gramps on the mom's side should be a strong plant of indica decedents.the non psychoactive cannaboids are mostly effected by the dad. so you will have to have a female that had strong descendents (in thc content) and a dad that is of high content of non psychoactive ingredients (hemp). so the descendents of those will most likely have mid level thc and other psychoactives and mid to high level non psychoactives. so now comes the tricky part. next generation who is going to be gramps. now what you do is raise up as many plants as possible take clones pre-flower. find which buds have the best thc to cbd ratio and take those clones. what you will do now is trim the Puckett square.
    Spray colloidal silver on the females save the pollen from the Hermies. take some true females and pollinate with a high level cbd male. now sprout those pick the best females all attributes you would look for including cbd to thc. stress test them take the true females and pollinate with you Hermies pollen. the resulting seeds should be high cbd to thc and contains high levels of non psychoactives. and either true female or a Hermie,but it would at this point be a clones only strain as it would not be extremely stable, but only reasonably stable.
    tell me what you think and if a got anything wrong just ask.

2. You misspelled too many words for me to take you seriously. Sorry, but i quit reading 3/4 through...

3. There are a number of high CBD (5%+) strains available now and a new one called Otto 1 has just been released. It's my understanding that the bud changes THC into CBD during the curing process and that's about all that needs to be done.

OP I don't know how blazed you was when you made that post. But you need to go through and edit it. So us mortals can benefit from what you have tried to say.

4. Punnett Square? I'm with J-mf-s on this one, completely. After you learn to spell, I highly suggest researching genetics. It's absolutely amazing, and you could spend the rest of your life isolating those CBDs! As long as you don't work for Monsanto, I think that would be a worthwhile lifelong effort.

5. don't forget cargill, general mills, or phillip morris!

6. Oh fuck i was way more stoned than i thought i was. I should go through and fix the spelling errors when i am completely sober. Yea i can understand if you guys don't believe i word i said, because my spelling was that of a retarded gorilla.

7. That is common myth about it. THC will not break down into CBD I have heard that so many times. Mostly in when exposed to sunlight people say it wont be strong because it will break down into CBD. That's not true THC will break down into less psychoactive compound but not CBD. If you have THCV that can break down into CBD but it is difficult to start the process. When I am more sober I will go through and fix my spelling errors.

8. Fight the power!

9. Thc degrades to cbn just FYI

10. I'm sorry but that was hysterical LOL, SUCH an asshole comment but I just had to laugh at that XD

11. This is incorrect. Cbd is not converted thc. Recently lab testing done on plants in veg stage revealed cannabinoids present even during veg. There was a high cbd strain tested because it forms crystals on the leaves even as a seedling. When leaves of the vegging plant were lab tested they came back at 4% cbd and less than 1% thc. This proves the plant has high levels of cbd its entire life, and never has high thc at any point. Cbd has nothing to do with curing, its purely genetics.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I am pretty sure yall are confusing CBN with CBD. CBN is in fact a byproduct produced as thc degrades.