Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Paleo Edibles, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Cant wait foryou response i am currently high on some brownie!

2. Did anybody read the post I had above about decarboxylation and examining the change in cannabinoids?

Aww shucks, thanks. Feel free to add to this thread, or ask questions.

I just finished cooking up a batch...Maybe I will post pics later of it.

I have just discovered a way to decarboxylate cannabis with tin foil, a box and the sun. Might try it/make a howto only if it proves to be worthwhile, and something that people (the microwave and oven-phobes) will be interested in.

3. So if I microwave some dank for 2 minutes, let the plate cool, microwave the bud again for 2 minutes I now have a 40% increase in potency just by microwaving? And I can smoke this too?

4. If it's dank, take it easy and do 1:30 seconds the first try. In my experience 2 minutes is safe, but your microwave might be slightly different. Standard microwaves, including mine 120 V, 60 Hz.

Think about it though: Increase the surface area of the cannabis by breaking it into smaller 4cm nugs spreading it across a microwave safe plate. Microwave for the minute and a half, smell for terpenes, check for crumble. If it smells a lot and crumbles only a bit, it might need another minute, to a minute and a half. Do this at your own discretion obviously, but its a fact that it works.

You can smoke it.

5. You do realize that this is a HUGE discovery. I'm going to be saving soo much more money!
    :D:D:D

6. Try it and let me know how it smokes/eats. I used to decarb my schwag and smoke it, but I quit smoking for eating. I've decarboxylated dank and smoked/eaten it, but it's not worth spending premium street price on dank for edibles, when you know how to do this method. Have I saved hundreds if not thousands of dollars by doing this? Yes.

7. i did read ur post/link about that decarb experiment, and found it very interesting. I noticed the THC% was pretty low, so it seems this process works better with lower quality bud, right?

Maybe i should start investing in some mids

8. Yea I'm gonna try this with some low grade stuff soon. If it turns out to work well I could spare hundreds of euros and just save some high grade stuff for the occasional social smoke. :)

Sticky this!

9. Yeah this method lets me buy the least expensive buds.

10. #110 TokeitNbakeit, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
    since i started using Paleos method not only have i saved money but ive gotten high as fuck again and hey isnt that the most important part?

11. Haha yeah. I'm still high from yesterday a bit

12. I only know people who sell dank, around here it's embarrassing to have anything under chronic. But will try out this method when rents gone

13. Try to find a mids or regs connect

14. I went to the store yesterday to pick up some lard, but decided not to once I found it. The reason being is that I read the words "lard and hydrogenated lard" on the packaging. Now I know you don't want hydrogenated oils in the peanut butter when you're making firecrackers, so I'm guessing this method would adhere to the same rule as well. Is that correct? Thanks in advance.

15. Any fat will work - I only use lard because contrary to popular belief (an old, incorrect meme) saturated fat is not bad for you and is actually the healthiest fat. So yeah, don't use hydrogenated lard, try to get lard packaged the same way as meat is - go to local supermarkets with butchers or carnecerias.

Lard wont work any better then another fat at extraction or during digestion.

16. Hey maybe I'm retarded or something, but I got one more question.

You say it's supposed to be brown or dark brown, by that do you mean the oil or the weed?

17. so i did a little smoke test last night and i decarb'd my bud, smoked it and got baked

18. The weed should turn dark brown, and so should the oil.
    Nice, told you it works

19. whats good paleo!

i just made a brownie batch...1/2 cup of oil, i used about 7.5grams of some popcorn nug...hopefully my batch is fire ill give you the munch report :smoke:

cheers for all the help homie

20. good luck and have some fun - ill be around later tonight when my dose kicks in