Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to pack a bowl properly

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Bud420, Feb 23, 2011.

1. is is better to push the weed together or just drop some in there and let it be loose

2. Personal preference

3. pack it down, you will get more hits per bowl also it will be easier to light

4. just break the weed up pretty good with your fingers or a grinder and load some in the bowl, push down slightly but dont fully pack it in there, just think how it works....you suck air through the weed while you burn it so if its packed too tight its gonna be clogged..theres no right or wrong, just make it work ya know?

5. I like to pack it pretty tight so that I can get a good coal going. In my opinion, just dropping a nug in there is pretty wasteful because there is not enough air around the bud to get a good even burn going. Of course, this depends on how dry and fluffy your buds are.

6. damn, i do this all the time. im stoopid. but it doesnt really matter cause i have a super low tolerance :D

7. Your not stupid. I drop nugs in my bowl all the time. People on GC are just grinding snobs IMO.

8. pack it down it's the best... If you don't wanna smoke that much then just pack it down still and hit it every once in a while.

9. Getting the most out of your weed isn't being snobby. We will get better hits and better highs while you are letting are all that unused smoke float out into the room. :smoke:

10. Smoking grinded weed isnt going to give you a better high. And what unused smoke? The only difference between smoking a nug and smoking grinded weed is that if its grinded your going to get a better cherry. But that doesn't mean im getting worse hits, or wasting weed. It just means im lazy and that it doesn't actually make a difference.

11. I like my bowl packed down just a bit.

12. Wrong. When the weed is ground up you are able to distribute it more evenly around the bowl. When inahling you will take in more smoke as less suction power is needed. If it is not ground there will be more room in the bowl with air so the suction power will be reduced.

Less smoke = Less THC = Less high

13. Alone or with another person - light and fluffy
    A whole room of smokers - packed down tight

That's the general consensus among tokers in my area, but just remember there's no wrong way to pack as long as it all gets smoked.

14. I just take my pointy finger and pack it down.

15. i pack my bowl in 3 layers usually. drop a 3rd in and press it down slightly and then another layer and press it down slighty and same for the final layer. you don't want it too tight though!

16. It really depends on the situation/how I'm feeling I guess...

If I'm with friends and we plan on having a semi-extended smoke sesh then I'll pack it down semi tight so it'll burn more slowly/evenly. But if I'm trying to shred a bong for some reason I'll leave it nice and loose so it'll burn more easily. I always either grind my herb or hand pick it apart though, it's so relaxing haha.

17. grinder and tightly packed

18. it because grinding is the best way to prep your bud for smoking

19. Wrong. Just because it burns more evenly doesnt mean im having "suction power" reduced. When I smoke out of my piece im not letting any smoke escape and im smoking it down to ash. So im getting EXACTLY the same amount of THC as i would if i were to grind it up. If not more because your gonna loose a little bit of THC from grinding it up (granted that lost THC is stored in the grinder). While i admit grinding up weed to make it burn evenly is nice, smoking just a nug will get you just as high. In the end, it doesnt matter. :smoke:

20. I enjoy loading personal bowls(everyone will get their own bowl).

I put 1 larger piece in the bottom to keep it from falling through, and the rest is grinded and packed down not so lightly:smoke: