Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to overcome Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by IronLungToker, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Hello, Im going to try and make this as short as possible for everyone :)
    I have anxiety and when im sober im pretty much fine.
    When I smoke and im high il be fine and happy for a few minutes and I will start to get worse and when im fully peaked im just not enjoying the high that much. I used to literally love being high and when I was new to smoking I would literally walk down the street just laughing at random shit. I have a pretty low tolerance but its like I have associated being high with something bad even tho its so fun. I just cant seem to be able to chill out when im high and be happy. How can I improve my high as I know its all my mindset towards weed. I love smoking it and I still like being high but I want it to allow me to chill and be calmer. Thanks for reading :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. You are smoking racey weed. A good kush would put you in your happy place.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Its not about improving your high its about improving you

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sadly I live in the UK so its currently criminalised, around my area we dont tend to have many dealers that sell certain strains and when they do they tend to be very high THC strains and not the CBD relaxing ones I would prefer :(

5. And how do I do this :(

6. Just kiddin. You need to redirect your thoughts before they get out of control. When you get a buzz and first think about anxiety redirect your thoughts and focus on something else. You may do this automatically when faced with an upcoming unpleasant task, you intentionally don't think about it. Do you have a heart rate monitor?

7. No I dont have a HR monitor, I used to get anxious about my heart rate increasing but I just dont care about it anymore tbh. I just generally get insecure and paranoid and anxious when high and I want it to be a pleasurable experience. As for redirecting thoughts, it doesn't work as ive always got that anxious thought or trigger in the back of my mind and its only minutes until It kicks in

8. I will give you some solutions to try, but the caveat is that Cannabis is psychoactive, and in large doses anxiety might be a side effect (in very small doses it can help anxiety). A large dose is relative, which for you may be just one hit. Additionally, anxiety is depression's bedfellow, rather than allowing you to be depressed (Cannabis has depressant qualities) your mind goes to work on itself with anxiety. When you used to smoke and have a good time life was likely simpler and less complex for you. I would also recommend that you are getting regular anual physicals and have a clean bill of health. That said:

Start meditating. Practice meditation everyday (SOBER). You might find it useful to buy a guided meditation on itunes or you might be able to find one to your liking on youtube for free. Meditation takes practice, just sitting doing nothing with a clear mind is just as difficult as lifting weights at the gym. Set a time each day to do this and as little as 15 minutes can be helpful.

Yoga. Classes can be fun, but you can also do plenty at home with videos. Doing yoga after smoking can be an amazing experiences, but if you're a beginner, I would start out sober, especially if going to a public class. Regular daily yoga has been found, in multiple, replicable, studies to be as effective as medication for depression and anxiety. And, easy beginner yoga is just as effective (maybe more effective) as the advanced human pretzel stuff.

Exercise. Find something that is simple. Biking and running are great and most people can just step out of their doors and go. Gyms can be difficult because of all the people, but if that's your thing a regular regimen can be good.

Diet. In most cases (unless there is an eating disorder or imbalance) diet is not a cure for anxiety, but eating balanced and healthy will obviously help. Make sure you're getting a good serving of leafy green vegetables each day, and possibly try some foods that are good for you gut with probiotic qualities such as plain yogurt or my personal favorite, sauerkraut.

Get out of your house and engage yourself in an activity. Sober or high, anxiety can go to work on our minds when we're lazy. Smoking doesn't mean you have to sit on a couch and watch television for hours on end. Get out an do something. Plan an activity before smoking so that you have a plan after you get high. Go to a movie (even alone), do some volunteer work, learn a new skill or join some park league sport, or, as mentioned above, do yoga or go for a run.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Well if you're sure it won't work then it won't so no use trying. Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Thank you for your in depth reply, I will take this into consideration and try to become a better person I guess :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thank you for your in depth reply, I will take this into consideration and try to become a better person I guess :)

No character judgment. You don't have to be some sort of fitness guru or a better person. But, anxiety (just as herb) can be a teacher. There is a reason it's happening and it's likely trying to tell you something, possibly to exchange some old habits for new ones. It's hard to take first steps in a different direction, but once you do usually you'll feel better.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well thanks man, its definetly reassuring knowing theres a light at the end of this bullshit tunnel :D

13. Il go smoke a spliff and see how I feel, Il try what some people have suggested and I guess see how I feel :)

14. Don't smoke it then. Why would you want to if it makes you anxious and paranoid. You obviously don't like weed or you wouldn't be posting this. I did cocaine ehen i was younger but don't like doing cocaine coz it makes me feel like my hearts gonna explode and I get paranoid to fuck that I'm gonna die in my sleep that s why I've not touched it for 3 years.

15. Its something I want to overcome. I do enjoy smoking weed, I love it its just I want it to be better.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Switch to a CBD strain such as cannatonic or acdc or harlequin. Anxiety gone but you will tend to smoke more its just that calming.

17. Either you've never had a problem with anxiety or you haven't smoked much pot. Just my unsolicited opinion.