Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to Not get the spins while high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by miscbrah3284, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Whats up blades,

ive been smoking for about 5 years and every once in a while I get really bad spins and end up puking my brains out....ive always had a pretty sensitive stomach and get motion sickness incredibly easy, so if ive smoked and i start feeling dizzy I know im going to have a bad night.

Just wanted to know if anybody else goes thru this, or used it, and knows how to combat it. Ive been told you have to smoke more and once you smoke more frequently your body gets used to it and you practically never get the spins.....but damn everytime this happens i end up "quitting" and never wanting to smoke again. any suggestions?

2. I get that occasionally, try motion sickness pills or something. What I always do is by "Marley's Mellow Mood" tea and it usually settles my stomach. I get one of those for every smoke sesh. :D

3. ive taken dramamine(sp?) and bonine, the motion sickness pills, but i cant be poppin those everytime I smoke you know? lol, last night i took like 4 extra strength tums but didnt help

4. Toke more. seriously it sometimes helps me. Or try a fizzy drink or some chocolate

5. I totally know what your talking about bro...it has very seldom ever happened to me but I do get motion sickness easily and there have been occasions were I have felt like your talking about after a wake n bake session (got super high) ...I can only speak for myself but when I started useing a vaporizer instead of smokeing this problem almost never happened to me again ( like I said thats just me personally and for what reason I'm not totally sure)..I also smoked daily and had for years and years but once I bought my vape shit changed for me..

6. Like the guy above me said. Get a vape, and if you start feeling the spins DO NOT close your eyes, this only intensifies it. Good luck.

7. ehh, I have a vape and sadly the last night I used my vape was the first time i got the spins again in probably 6 months....last night though I just smoked a joint and a few bowls and didn't even really feel super high, felt like I had hit a wall earlier in the night and couldnt get anymore high...then just started gettin dizzy and was like here we gooo *puke*

it sucks man, really ruins a good night lol...maybe im just not destined to smoke weed

8. #8 bobby82, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
    Broooo I'm on the exact same boat. I get motion sickness veeeeerrryyyyy easy. If i spin around in a chair i'll get sick. If i take one hit too much im done for for the night. What i do is when i think i need more i stop, because you WILL get higher later on. By this i mean the high is still hitting you. Also take 3 min breaks between hits and drink water between every hit or even better, drink canada dry (GREAT for stomach aches). But i will try that bob marley stuff next session. Btw i still get the spins, i havent mastered avoiding it yet. A lot of it is in the brain though. Gotta convince yourself youre not sick and do not think about it. Stay busy. I also like to pray before a session ha ha dont judge me ima boss :bongin:

Oh yea and make sure you had nice big meals before blazin. I can't smoke on empty stomachs so no wake and bakes =\

9. I would just do whatever you normally do when you have this problem and you're sober

10. Spins from weed? idk what to do I never get motion sickness from anything not planes, boats, or cars.

11. If your gonna take Dramamine watch your dose. Taking 8+ will send you trippin

12. Dont drink then smoke...

13. Never get it when I toke, almost everytime I get wasted I get it though, and it's horrible.

14. I learned that the hard way last summer.

15. #15 hermione420, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
    I often get nauseous if I smoke a considerably large amount of weed (for me) and especially if I mix in some tobacco or hookah. I've also puked on multiple occasions because of my dizziness after smoking. Best thing to try to know your limit and stick with it. Don't push any boundaries unless you are really feeling ballsy, and then go ahead and blame it on yourself once you throw up.

16. dude that blows,

17. Iv experienced this heaps, its usually because I starve myself for several days to the point where a little smoke into my stomach will set it off (sensitive stomach here too).

18. As a long time smoker, drinker, and a few other things, I can tell you the best bet for not getting the spins is to smoke on a full stomach. Same goes for drinking. Someone said not to drink and smoke at the same time, I say that being crossfaded is one of the best damn feelings in the world. Just don’t overdo it the first time. Have a few beers and smoke half a bowl and see how you feel. Making sure you’re properly fed and hydrated before and during your ascension to the spirit realm is key. If this doesn’t help, try smoking a different strain of weed. If you are going to vape, be extremely careful because you can easily get way too high way too fast depending on how strong your dab pen is. Also, I’ve smoked many different strains of dabs/weed and some may leave you with a headache and the spins while others leave you feeling blissful and carefree. I wish you luck in your quest good sir

19. Did you just spin on into the past there LOL where were you 7 years ago.

• Funny Funny x 2