How to NOT get ripped off 101

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by jdl420, May 25, 2016.

1. #1 jdl420, May 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
    In an effort to aid on of my favorite forums. I've seen posts here about people asking about merchandise that is considered a No-Go zone to most E-Cig users.

A little bit of background about my vaping past. Back in 2007, I was informed about a "new" way to smoke nicotine called vaporizing. After dabbling in this market for years doing everything from building my own mod to trying 50+ different vape setups. I have come to find out that there are only a few ways to ensure you're not giving away your money for cheap crap.

#1 Never buy anything from a store front, unless it's an emergency. These places are just like any other retail business that keeps stock. Old items at high prices. They have overhead online vendors do not and unless you know exactly what your walking in to buy DO NOT GO HERE.

#2 Make sure any online vendor is a member of the AVL at somewebaddress. If not you could get your money stolen entirely.

#3 Adapting an atomizer made for E-liquid is often the best bet. Most items marketed for weed are what your would think they are, cheap crap to get your money that don't really function as intended. Without getting to technical it has to do with simple mathmatics, the size of the battery compared to the size of coil. AxV=W
    (The sweet spot for most people is around 11 watts of heat for e-liquid but higher temps are needed for things like oil and shatter. Vaping oil is the best route IMO, the more pure the better on your gear aswell)

#5 STAY STANDARD- All devices you purchase should not be proprietary, if a specific battery or atomizer only made by the person that makes the device is required. you're making a mistake. The most universal connection is the 510.

#6 NO MICROCHIPS. Stay mechanical to prevent breakdowns and keep costs down. I know most people want to have a cool display of their volts and kick it up high to get some big rips, these devices which will run 100+ dollars do not last. They get dropped, wet, or have electrical malfunctions and what is left is a 200 paperweight.

Good example of a solid, cheap, universal mod would be the K100. Which is considered the low end of the spectrum all the way up to a Reo-Grand.

Feel free to PM me for even better idea would be to visit somewebaddress, almost every mod on the market is reviewed and tested.

Cheers,

Happy Smoking

Edited out potential self promotion-ICG

2. Are you affiliated with that forum site in any way, shape, or manner?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Seriously? Who the fuck would use a reo grand for vaping weed? Even if you were gonna use it for oil.... For the price you could get a decent setup made for dry herb. And speaking of mods and prices the market is flooded right now so picking up a decent high wattage mod with temp control and whatnot is far from super overpriced. Hell a ipv5 is less than $50 There are plenty of options out there yes mechs are one of them but not the only one ..

This indeed seems like nothing more than a shameless plug for whatever site your advertising for