How To Not get busted by the cops...what you need to Know

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Sonymon, Aug 21, 2009.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA]YouTube - BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters[/ame]

If you are fucked then act like you dont know your rights

pretend you dont understand the miranda warning

The courts have since ruled that the warning must be "meaningful", so it is usually required that the suspect be asked if he understands his rights. Sometimes, firm answers of "yes" are required. Some departments and jurisdictions require that an officer ask "do you understand?" after every sentence in the warning. An arrestee's silence is not a waiver. Evidence has been ruled inadmissible because of an arrestee's poor knowledge of English and the failure of arresting officers to provide the warning in the arrestee's language.
    Also because of various education levels, officers must make sure the suspect understands what the officer is saying. It may be necessary to "translate" to the suspect's level of understanding. Courts have ruled this admissible as long as the original waiver is said and the "translation" is recorded either on paper or on tape.
    The right of a juvenile to remain silent without his or her parent or guardian present is provided in some jurisdictions.

2. I've watched that whole thing like 4 times before. The acting really sucks but it contains some really useful information.

3. i too have seen this previously a couple times. two greenthumbs up.

4. Excellent good sir, Great Post!

5. Some of the information in that video is outdated due to the ruling handed down in April by the U.S. Supreme Court regarding vehicle searches. You have more rights today than when that video was made.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/22/us/22scotus.html

6. yeah, i heard about that too. good point, rep+

7. #7 ImTheJoker4u2, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2009
    I know a completely fool proof 100% will work way, so you don't ever get busted..
    Write letters like this to your state reps and change the law!!! (I just did:))

:hello:

I also added this lil snipit in..