How to move out of parents house

Discussion in 'General' started by BoomerD, May 7, 2013.

1. Ok, I need to get the fuck out of my parents house. No matter what I do or how well I do I am always just the most stupid, immature, selfish piece of shit that they have ever heard of. This is coming from the parents that are supposed to love and (at the very least morally and emotionally) support me, and the parents I blew 20k of my earnings and all 5k of my savings to support them for 9 months last year when my dad was out of a job.

Here is my current situation: I am currently making $150-$230 a week. I have a friend who is willing to move in with me along with his gf who I am also friends with who are willing to do this with me, he makes about as much as I do, she makes about $400 a week. I pay about $80 a week in gas (which will go down dramatically, my parents use my car to drop off/pick up my sister from school which is a 30 mile roun trip twice a day and whenever we/they need to make a road trip somewhere because my car has wrking AC), $50 bucks a month for my phone (which I can cut down to $25 if I lose internet on it), I can probably live on $80 a week on food fairly comfortably, $350 on utilities split three ways, I can live without cable, I smoke maybe a 1/8 a month which I can give up if I have to, I reallydon't drink alcohol and I've cut back on sodas lately. I can probably rent a nice 2 bedroom place for about $800 a month.

I know thats cutting it thin, but I do have some options:

I work as a bakery clerk right now. There is a baker there who will be leaving soon to become a nurse. This will be a full time $10/hr job with benifits. I would have to work from 4AM till 1PM, but I can do it.

Go back to school. I can go to a community college nearby, get a student loan and have it cover living expenses. I.m not sure if this will work, I owe Sallie Mae 10k for the year I went to FIT (don't ask) so they maynot loan me that much. I don't even know what I'd go for.

Get a second job. I'd really rather not but if it comes to it, it beats living with the assholes I call parents.

So blades what looks best to yall? I've gotta get outof here. They think I'm a fuck up and they don't even know I toke. They're actually discussing kicking me out at the end of the month to get rid of the "dead weight". Homelessness is sounding not too bad ATM.

2. Id say move and and get a second job with weed, pretty easy with your own place.

3. 800 a month? im sure you can find something cheaper like 600 a month

4. they born you and you are trying to kick them out!?

5. Going through literally the exact same shit right now haha. Working minimum wage like 30 hours a week makes it really hard to move out when you factor in college, walking to college, work, etc. the people I live with are fucked. One of the people I live with literally eats like a fucking pig at the dinner table so I stopped eating with them so they won't let me eat any of the food they make for dinner, which is literally all the food that is available and made. Budgeting is really really hard at 18 as well. Phone, food, razers, gas, insurance, rent, it's a hard thought for me but I've really been forced to prioritize my needs because I realized its all up to me, I'm not gonna get charity from anyone and I need to be a man and get my shit together. I would just say focus yourself on your current priorities, what can wait and what do you need? Before you embark on this endeavor, I would suggest saving some money, $1000-1600 just incase shit really hits the fan. While you're at that, focus on that bakery job and obtaining a stable position you can count on there. Show the higher ups at the bakery that you're not just the average baker and that you're reliable. Also, get a piece of paper and a pen and list all your expenses, being as honest as you can. Start with 800 and then subtract from each category like rent, phone, food, money you actually save and see if its even possible for you to be independent given your current circumstances. I know this was really long but I wanted to try to help cus I think we've gone through similar situations as far as familial ties go.

6. technically hes trying to kick himself out.

7. im acutaully thinking about starting to save up to move out gonna make a thread after i get a few more posts lol