How to move from indoors to outdoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mattmc804, Mar 10, 2012.

1. When I have my plants inside and it's 16/8 how do I move them to outdoors to 14/10. Will they flower? Also for hardening them off I'll put the out for how long?

2. Won't flower until they get 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness !

I think you would be fine just transplanting them outside right after your last frost.

3. i think itd be fine too. id maybe slowly change the timing on your lighting to match with the amount of light theyll be gettin outdoors? just do it gradually

4. You want them to go from a smaller amount of light indoors, to at least and hour or more outdoors to ensure flowering doesnt occur :)
    I go from 11/12 indoors to 13+ outdoors.
    Ive tried other ways, and its a 50 50 , hopefully works out for you !
    Make sure they get shit loads of direct sunlight
    42o

5. [quote name='"420outdoor"']You want them to go from a smaller amount of light indoors, to at least and hour or more outdoors to ensure flowering doesnt occur :)
    I go from 11/12 indoors to 13+ outdoors.
    Ive tried other ways, and its a 50 50 , hopefully works out for you !
    Make sure they get shit loads of direct sunlight
    42o[/quote]

I'm not saying ur wrong but if you have it under 11 hours of light it's gonna flower. However I'll will put it under13/11 for 3 weeks then move to 14 10

6. Yes if you go from 16 to 11 it probably will flower .
    The first few weeks as a seedling 12 or 11 hours is fine , I only have mine under lights for a few weeks to give them a head start for spring .

Read up about hardening off as well .
    I've never had flowering problems the way I do it , but good luck with your way :)
    42o

7. have a good one

8. So let me just confirm what I plan on doing. Start then inside with a 13.5 light schedule for 3 weeks in 1/2 gallon pots. Then on the last week of them being inside I'll bring them all out for 2-3 hours then 4-8 the next then 12. Then 24. Of course it wont be right on but I'm sure I'll know when they're ready. Then put them at my spot and let the grow season begin

9. Leave them at 16/8 (not 13.5: they could flower some plants flower under 14 careful), then take em out in May gradually ( a few hours than more after a few days). Nothing complicated.

10. Sorry to confuse you :)
    I only have my plants under lights as small seedlings, not for long.
    Your gonna have some good ones by the end of the season!
    Cortos the man, so listen to his advice :)
    (The hardening off is worth doing too.)
    Good luck
    42o

11. No problems. This post is so I can have 419 post and now I'm gonna head over to the newbie smoker section and make a thread 420th post. Smileface hitting a bong

12. So if I'm doin 16/8 indoors. Does that have to be on when the sun rises and off when the sun sets or can I have the on off whenever I like