How to maximize my indoor yield

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Instabuds420, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Hello grass city, no matter what the user name says, I'm not new to this forum. I have been on here for some time now checking in and researching here and there about marijuana cultivation. I've grown before with not the best results. This time around I want to get the best and the most. I've done and will continue to research about limiting factors for quality, but limiting factors for size has me a little bit stumped. I know the light and pot size will mostly dictate the size of the plant, but what techniques can I implement to maximize my yield from every plant? Can I extend the vegetative phase until I get my desired height? Can I really just keep raising the light without changing the light cycle to stretch my plants out? How do I go about making them more bushy? I've seen ppl with talk plants all have issues with the size of the stalk and how much it can support, is there anything to alleviate that condition when growing a tall plant? Are there any other important limiting factors that I have forgotten? Just for reference I am usuing an organic soil mix that I found on the city.

2. To increase yield, first and foremost as you mentioned, more watts = bigger yield. Personally i like smart pots as they allow the roots to get more oxygen.

You don't want to stretch your plants. Look up Low Stress Training or super cropping. I use LST.

Advanced nutrients will help you too. Tender loving care is what plants need. Start simple then progress it.

3. Search lst, or supercropping. Best way to maximize yield. Yes, you can veg as long as you want, unless its an auto. And if they start falling over just tie em up :p

4. All the seeds I got are not auto so I'm good there. In starting to look into lst and super cropping. My main question would be its affect on my organic soil mix. Would it throw anything off or devalue it in any way? What kind of gains can I expect by using this lst? Also what have ppl bee getting for yields ? Maybe list some dimensions and yield numbers

5. LST essentially throws the plants equilibrium off and it gets a little confused about where the top of the plant is. So instead of continuously growing "up" the side budding spots grow more. The result is instead of having 1 main cola like a plant that was left alone you end up with a bunch of slighly smaller cola's. Each one is smaller than if you let it grow normal, but you end up with more of them, so you end up with more weight.

6. Yea I understand now, hasn't read into it as much yet, I'm now looking into super cropping! Anything else anyone knows?

7. check plagron green sensation its a booster and your plants will love it!

8. Plagron green sounds like some ph altering shit lol

9. I prefer a good topping and then LST. That will likely be my main method going forward. I like how they turn out. Plus it keeps them short. I've got quite a bit of bud going on mine and the tallest is only 2 ft tall from the soil.

10. Well with this lst method, can I still get them to be above 3tf? Also can someone give me an idea of yield numbers for this lst method

11. You can make them however tall you want by vegging longer. As far as yield, no one can give you a number. It depends too much on Lights, medium, nutrients, ventilation, strain of plant, etc. There's really no way to tell. Two people with the same methods can get different yields. It just depends on your equipment and the care you put in. I'd recommend good lights, and make it as automated as possible. The less human error there is the better. Just give them what they need and leave the rest to them. New growers always tend to over-garden and end up killing them with kindness. lol.

12. Yea I hear that, I've heard so many over gardening stories and seen some myself. Which is why I'm going with the water only organic mix

13. #13 cannibidiol, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
    i have the whole plagron line and works like a charm i always have ph at 6.3 to 6.5. What do you recommend instead plagron? Money is not a problem to me.

14. I'm not recommending anything actually I'm looking for auggestions

15. yield is genetic. Always a peak yield with a fully grown and healthy plant. They will stop branching at some point. Some strains can be manipilated at a smaller size to increase yields. some methods will grow more tops but genetics govern what the plant will do. Do some research and experiment with your strains. What works with my grow and space may not be adequate for yours. Too many variables to include different phenotypes of a strain.

16. I have one grow but it worked out real good (bagseed). Did it with cfls so keeping height down and the plant bushy so the cfls could penetrate more was important to me. I did a scrog. This allowed me dynamic control of placing and keeping bud sites within the light's footprint, as well as enabling more penetration deeper into the canopy - that was necessary because the cfl's don't penetrate like a hps does. Spreading the bud sites and foliage evenly across my scrog screen also enabled better airflow through and across the plant so I had no temperature issue drama. It made things very easy and for a beginner like me easy = good! : ) I also topped about halfway through veg to encourage horizontal bushiness. The only drawback to a scrog - at least for me - was engineering a system where the setup had access UNDER the pot so I could catch runoff. Some cheap, adjustable shelves took care of that. If you check out some scrog threads you will see that vertical issues are minimal in scrogging and in regards to weight support, the scrog screen did a good job supporting the buds as they grew. Like I said, I'm a rank newb with one grow but I got two oz.s (dry) off a single plant under cfl's in a scrog which for a first time attempt was a lot better than I expected.

17. Healthy plants are heavier plants.

18. All methods of increasing yields include a longer veg. I like my plants at 3-4 ft tall. get extra harvests in every year with a shorter veg. So I get less at a time but more in the year.

19. Ok so I guess nobody can just say "hey Kenny last grow I had x number of plants that were between x and x heights and I got x amount of medicine... Took me x amount of time and I'm using x strain" ...

20. get green sensation and use it on last 3 weeks and you will see your buds become fatter and fatter and gives a weed an amazing flavour. yes 100ml of this will cost like 22 euros its expensive but really works!