How to maximize flourecent lights.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KtownKiffer, Mar 20, 2008.

1. I'm currently growing a plant. She's been incredibly healthy up until now. She's being growing very fast and it seems the taller she gets the lower leaves, like the first few that sprouted arn't getting enough light anymore. They're drooping and turning a yellowish color. I'm only using a shitty tracing light board, because I can't get my HPS light to work over here in Germany. How can I maximize the little amount of light I have? Would putting up mylar on all the walls of the room help? I currently have tin foil up for reflection purposes but I don't think it's doing much.

2. Yeah take the tin foil down it wont do much and can create hot spots. Mylar is the best choice, also could you get a picture? The first set of leaves are suppose to fall off.. You can also try and close the walls in on the plant and get the light as close as possible + mylar is all you can do other then get more lights.

3. hey man, yeah I would first of all suggest getting a better light source. Have a look at those cheap CFL's. They're easy to use, and would probably be much better than your current source. Hook a couple of those up, and you should be good. Tin foil isn't a very good light reflector, it will probably just focus the light on a certain spot or spots because of the nature of the foil. Mylar would be a much better reflector, something like 99% of the light is reflected, so you have a much better "recycling" of light which would normally go to waste. If your plant is stretching, keep the lights closer to the top, and yes, I believe the fact that your lower leaves are yellowing and falling off, is a result of the lack of light.

Good luck man

4. I know the flourecent light is probably the worst light for her. She still eats it up though. I put her out in the sunlight whenever I can. It's really cloudy and always rainy in Germany so it's hard to get that natural light. I have an HPS bulb but I need to find a socket and a transformer for it. I bought it at the headshop in my city. They have a full working one on display there and I might just go ask them if I can buy that whole thing.

5. Well, you can grow some perfectly good plants with flourescents, as long as they're in the right spectrum, 6400K for vegging 2700K for flowering. Yeah, HPS are a bit more difficult to use, cause you need ballasts and things, and they run very hot!

6. After reading up on the CFL lights, I just might go with those if I can find them at my local store. They seem way easier to use and seem pretty flexable on how I can use them.

7. specialty-lights.com-- i love these guys and u can get a decent price