How To: Make your own homemade glass bong!

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by CrassGrass, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Very well done, If I get around to making some new work, Ill let you know, sound good? :)

2. Sounds great :D I saw your aquaglobe creation on the Homemade Toking Tools forum I loved it!

3. wow this shit looks badass. too bad i dont have a drill at the dorms here or else i would try this

4. That's too bad :( I'm fairly sure you can rent a drill somewhere for relatively cheap, though I'm not sure. I'll post on your profile if I find out.

5. #25 woahx5, May 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2011
    I would suggest alittle something that can be extreamly valuable.

There is a petty fair chance that you will crack your future glass bong when drilling. even with a diamond tip drill bit.

you can fill your bong with sand before drilling. and this can actually make it so it wont crack or break, or atleast give a better chance to being sucsessfull.

This has happend to myself a couple of time i had a pretty neat glass vase to drill. and it cracked :{

6. Yeah I've heard about doing that before drilling. I'll have to give it a shot, as my brother broke my bong I posted above... Q.Q time to make a Beefeater hookah lol

7. Or what I did is use a Dremel with a diamond wheel bit. It made a hole in a thick soy sauce bottle in about 3 minutes and I didnt need to run it under water.

8. Good write up man.

Ive made heaps of glass bongs using a dremel and diamond tip bit, never cracked one.

Cracking forms from the glass heating up too quickly in one spot.

So just keep the glass and diamond bit cool, you can use water. And also fill the bottle with water, when you are widening the hole there is water there to lubricat and keep everything cool.

[​IMG]

9. very nice thread i need to get myself a drill :D

10. Hey Sorry this is an old threat! but would drilling through glazed ceramic bottles be much different from drilling into glass bottles?

I've tried drilling through glazed ceramic before and I really didn't have luck. maybe the drill bits I was using were too cheap.

11. planning on making a bong this week wondering if you could use a 12mm downstem if i used a 1/2" drill bit or if i needed to use a 9mm one?

12. and now to obtain a glass drill bit

13. Dude the top part of your first shown bong would be a killer bowl piece!

14. quick question if anybody can help. I bought a couple glass downstems but I was wondering would I need to buy any other attachments to hold the herb at the end of the bongs downstem? if there anything i could buy for this or is it find smoking on it how it already is?

15. Whats going on.

This is my homemade glass bong/rig.  I made a shower head percolator out of an old film canister, and the rest of it is all glass apart from the rubber grommets and the elastic bands holding on the lid.

I used glass drill bits to drill multiple holes in the glass.

It smokes pretty damn good, a lot of bubbles are produced due to the many holes in the perc. 
    And its easy to take apart so its easy to clean. 

Yet to use it as an oil rig, but works great as a bong and works sweet with my mflb. 

What do you guys think? 

Andy

Attached Files:

16. What can you do if the hole you made is a tad bit too big? Is it safe to use silicone or rubber tubing or something to fill it in and create a seal around the downstem?