[How to] make your bowl last 1-4 more hits!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Mary-I-Wanta, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Well I've got a cool little spoon pipe (sorry no pics). I found a pair of old iPod headphones with the metal screen. Ok so my bowl has 1 hole on the bottom, pretty normal.. But I added the metal screen above it and wondered if it would change anything.
    Heres what I found:
    -SMOOTHER hit.
    -Burns evenly.
    -Burns slowerish.
    -Lasts longer.
    ..There could be more but I'm a stoned currently.
    I packed two seperate bowls with the EXACT same amount of bud.
    The first bowl WITHOUT the screen lasted 4 hits.
    The second bowl WITH the screen lasted 7 hits.
    INCREDIBLE! I suggest all of you try this~

2. oh.

okay..

3. so your using a screen full of earwax and of questionable metal content?

4. What can we say? Screens are better.

5. Nah you just clean it with 99% ALC.
    :D

6. Hmmm it seems like a ok idea. I will give it a try

but I dont really wanna break my headphones

7. why not go to the headshop and buy a pack of 25 screens for like a dollar?

the only pipe i've ever put a screen in was my zeppelin. you know the little metal bullets with a screw on cap and rubber mouthpiece? those are great for conserving bud and being discreet. i forgot about mine until this thread.

8. Just use a clean pebble if you wanna go the hobo-mcgyver route imo..

Or snag a slide with a built-in screen for balla status

9. Yea I am using a pebble right now on my homemade

but I dont know if I am going to try the screen.

10. don't know why that made me laugh so hard, maybe it's because i'm very high hahah:smoking:

11. I cap my bowls, basically the second i go to pull the slide up, i cap it to extinguish the fire. You can use anything to cap

I usually get like 4-6 more hits doing this

12. u guys are smoking the material that the screens are made of. DONT USE METAL SCREENS.

USE GLASS SCREENS ONLY
    they are 1000000000 times better than metal ones guys

just goggle em

13. Yeah, but after a few snaps/bowls they get so covered with resin that you'll mix it in with the ash or blow it out.

I prefer using a nug plug, a nug just big enough to support the ash of the packed bud above it and preventing it from flying into your mouth/water.

14. true, thats what i do as well.

15. dude, what are you... high? :eek:

16. When im using the bong i use the 'nug plug' as what some other guy said before me. or i go into the rubbish bag and grap a small amount of blunt paper to cover the hole and fill up the rest with bud...

When im smoking from the metal pipe i usually have a cap and a screen in it. I take a hit and hold the cap hole to extinguish the fire. I get a good 6 hits from a bowl.

I've ca$hed full bowls with a cap on the pipe with one hit also. sooo it really does depend on how much you pull.

17. There is no point to doing this at all. Taking more hits will not make you more high unless there is more weed in the bowl. Period. As long as you are not wasting weed by pulling it through, the number of hits you take from a bowl is irrelevant. If you smoke it all, iPod screen or not, you are as high as you could be from that amount of weed. Why are there so few logical thinkers on GC?

18. It will not get you any higher that way. If you enjoy it that's great but it's not any kind of miracle.