how to make weed bud more often

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by austyn12, Jun 24, 2012.

1. i heard that if u make the light cycle shorter it will think the days are getting shorter and bud . is there any truth to this ? if its true how would i do this so i can get bud more often because my friend wont let me grow inside. Sop sly the bill went up 40$ or something like that off 2 cheap 23 watt cfl lights . i think hes just scared that theres going to be a fire.

2. Shorter light cycles will make the plant think winter is near but i am not completely sure.

3. yeah i did the science and thats what u do with it indoor when it flowers. I wouldn't know excaly how to do that since i don't think it even grows flowers till summer is over.

4. u shoulda posted this in the absolute beginners forum, the answers are there but i will say that if you want your plants to continue vegging your lights should be on @ 18 hrs a day... some strains will flower at 14hrs of light a day, but most wont flower unles the light cycle is 12 and 12.... to achieve this at this time of year u can leave your plants out for only 12hrs of daylight then move them into a darkroom inside or a shed or something...the time u move them in will change a little over the weeks as the hrs of sunrise/sunset change...good luck.

5. What you are talking about is called light deprivation, put it outside in the light for 12 hours and then put it in a completely dark area for another 12. It will make the plant think it's fall and it will flower. You could probably do 13/11. You have to do this either untill the days are 13 hours or shorter, or until harvest. IMO you should just let the plant do its regular schedule, you'll harvest more that way and there will be less to screw up.

6. Ok this a beginners question about the cannabis' plants basic life cycle.

In nature the cannabis plant goes through 4 stages
    Germination
    this is where the taproot emerges from the seed and creates its first root into the ground

Seedling
    This is where the plant emerges through the ground and grows its first sets of leaves

Vegatative growth
    this is where in nature the plant grows tall and big and grows many leaves.

Flowering
    this occurs in nature as fall approaches the amount of daylight decreases every day. the plant can sense this and begins the flowering process because it know winter is coming

in indoor grows they emulate this process by controlling the amount of light the plant gets so they can veg for one month and flower the next by changing the amount of light given to the plant

as far as i know this can only be done indoors

7. Some green house growers use black poly to block light out

8. ah i see so its imposable outdoors. i really wanted some bud i guess ill have to wait then.

9. Outdoor budding technology!!!

ForumRunner_20120625_124430.png

10. yeah im bored and had too many seeds so i wanted to do a experiment

11. Dude are you a fucking troll? :eek:

12. no my friend thinks the bill went up 40$ from that low of a wattage