how to make the perfect hole in plastic for bongs?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by TheVaporDaddy, Dec 25, 2010.

1. i have broken ALL my bongs , yup thats right all my bongs so im left with a bunch of grommets , bowls , and stems . i got a mini coca cola bottle that is the shape of a christmas bulb ( perfectly round ) and i wanna make a bong from it but im wondering how i can make the perfect hole for my grommet to go in to hold my stem , every time i ever bought a container that looked like it would be good for a bong i failed because i accidentally carved the hole too big or the hole wasnt air tight ect ....

2. the plastic seems to be to thin to drill , every time i tryed to drill a pop bottle it never worked , i did however drill a glass bottle for a bong years ago it took me 10 bottles before i got one without breaking lol

3. just use a lighter man, hold it at an angle. i do that all the time and make perfect circles:wave:

4. these bottles only come around once a year , im afraid i might burn it too much :/ and have to wait till next christmas for a bottle just like last year lol

5. do you think maybe i should heat up my stem and poke the hot stem into the plastic?

6. heat a straightened paper clip with a lighter until its cherry red, and then poke into bottle and move in a circle... problem solved

7. im tellin ya man, just hold the lighter to it. it can be a little too small and all you gotta do is push it through

8. Take an x-acto knife, place the tip of the blade where you want your hole to be, and spin it until the hole is the proper size. Serious lack of creativity and problem solving skills :rolleyes:

9. fo sure bro.. whats going on with that?

just take your time and don't rush.. if you rush you lose.

10. Get a blow torch and a set of scockets along woth needle nose pilers. Match the socket to the size of the grommet or how ever large you want the hole to be. Use the pilers to hold the socket then use the blow torch to heat up the socket. Once the socket is the correct tempurature push it into the plastic forming a perfectly round hole.

11. this

or

this :hello::wave:

Although with the 1st method use a cloth of some type because it'll be hot.

12. this is what i do and it works very well drill a hole or make a slit with a knife and push the stem

to get it air tight take the stem back out and cover the slit with tape and put a small hole in the tape and push the stem back in and put as much tape as it needs

13. your going to need to head over to the home depot :rolleyes:

explain your project and im sure you can do it with their help,

also look into tunnel boring technology, it aint cheap but its worth it

honestly dude... c'mon

14. Lighter + Paper clip = Hot metal and cuts through plastic like a champ.

15. actually no it doesn't get hot on the other end, it will melt before the other end gets too hot to hold

16. I used to use drills\pens\lighters but just fuckin use a DREMEL. Works great and you can drill smaller hole's for diffuser's.

17. Damn I got one of those bottles too and didn't even think of that thanks!

18. I just used a soldering iron. makes a perfect circular hole haha.

19. use a butane torch