Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to make the perfect cococannaoil in 10 easy steps: MiKES COCOCANNAOIL RECIPE

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MiKESCOCOCANNAOILRECIPE, Jan 5, 2014.

1. #1 MiKESCOCOCANNAOILRECIPE, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
    I know everyone has their cannaoil recipes, but I believe I have found the perfect one for coconut oil. It's very easy to do. If you can boil water, you're set.

When I first got into edibles, I was overwhelmed with articles and forums on all the various cooking methods. I just wanted something simple that I couldn't fuck up, and gave me the biggest bang for my buck. I did extensive research and after a few bakes, ultimately came up with a way to get the most THC out of your ganja GUARANTEED, using common household items. 

WHY COCONUT OIL?
    I chose virgin coconut oil because it's got more fat content than butter, plus butter's easy to burn and that whole double boiler thing seems complicated. Virgin coconut oil's also great because it's solid at room temperature, which makes it easier to separate after you heat it up in water. As an added bonus, coconut oil is a much healthier alternative to other oils and butter, plus the heat and water help filter out pesticides and other contaminants. You end up with a nice green block that gives you a super clean high. 

COOKING METHOD:
    With baking and simmering, Crock-Pots, there's so little consensus and so many variables that you may waste a lot of good bud trying to figure it out. However, boiling water will never exceed 100 C (212 F), and studies show that you get the highest yield of psychoactive THC if you heat it at a rate of 110 C for 110 minutes.

Easy, guaranteed, you can't fuck it up. Using this recipe, one brownie should have you feeling pretty nice :)

WARNING: YOUR HOUSE WILL SMELL LIKE A POT PARTY 

MiKE'S​
    COCOCANNAOIL RECIPE​

in 10 easy steps​

approx time: ​
    3 hours, plus overnight​

1) GRIND GANJA
    *Remove seeds and stems so they don't end up in your food

2) FILL POT HALFWAY WITH WATER
    SET TO HIGH AND BRING TO BOIL

3) ADD VIRGIN COCONUT OIL
    STIR TILL MELTED

4) ADD GANJA
    LET COOK FOR 2 HOURS, STIRRING OCCASIONALLY
    *DO NOT use wooden spoon as it'll soak up THC
    *ADD WATER when needed as it evaporates; don't let it get down to oil or it'll burn out the THC (boiling water won't exceed 212 F, but virgin coconut oil burns at 350 and THC starts to vaporize at 284)

5) AT 2 HR MARK, TURN OFF HEAT AND STIR VIGOROUSLY FOR 5-10 MINUTES
    *At this point the THC should be fully released, so you've gotta knock it around and help it get absorbed by the fat in the coconut oil

6) SET ASIDE AND LET COOL

7) ONCE COOL, POUR INTO CONTAINER THROUGH COLANDER (mesh strainer)
    MIX AND PRESS DOWN ON GANJA UNTIL YOU SQUEEZE OUT EVERY. LAST. DROP (this is why we're here)
    SQUEEZE OUT LAST BIT BY HAND

8) CLOSE CONTAINER AND LET SIT IN FRIDGE OVERNIGHT
    THROW AWAY PLANT MATERIAL

9) BY MORNING OIL WILL HARDEN INTO A TOP GREEN LAYER, LEAVING REDDISH-BROWN WATER UNDERNEATH (full of chlorophyll and other contaminants)
    WEDGE OIL TILL WATER DRAINS OUT
    STORE IN FRIDGE TILL NEEDED

10) WHEN READY TO COOK, SIMMER IN SAUCEPAN UNTIL LIQUIFIED
    *DO NOT bake anything above 325 F or it may vaporize compounds out of mixture

HOW MUCH GANJA?

1/4-1/2 oz per 1/4 cup of coconut oil (depending on how strong you want it)​

OR​

.5-1 gram per serving (brownie/cookie/etc.) + whatever amount of oil recipe requires​

*USE HALF OF THAT FOR DANK​
    AND A THIRD FOR KIEF OR HASH​

(add extra pinch of oil because you'll lose some in the process, too)​

2. Can you buy virgin coconut oil at your local grocery store or do you need a specialty market?  I've never seen it.

and should I buy it a drink first I mean it's a virgin and all ...it might hurt the first time.   :laughing:

I've seen it sold with other oils at Wal-Mart and my local grocery store. Big difference between virgin and liquid coconut oil, though.

But I think the Mary Jane should loosen her right up ;)

4. "Big difference between virgin and liquid coconut oil, though."

what would that difference be?

and your right...go with mj...probably under the age of 21 if she's a virgin wouldn't want a contributing to delinquency charge.

5. #5 MiKESCOCOCANNAOILRECIPE, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014

Well it might work with liquid coconut oil but it's a lot less effective way of separating it from the water in the end (since virgin coconut oil solidifies). Plus liquid coconut oil is processed with chemicals like bleach, and it's really only used for higher temperatures, at which THC would burn off. Conveniently, virgin coconut oil is optimal at 325 F, the temperature you should never exceed when baking edibles. To boot, cococannaoil can be applied topically to act as a pain reliever. 

6. What's the point of excluding stems and trim from your oil if you're going to strain the plant matter out in the end anyways? They still contain thc just not in as high concentrations. That's why a lot of people even recommend using the vaped bud for edibles and making oils. You seem to have a solid process down for making the oil, but that little extra step of further separating your stems is a little more time consuming and wasteful than anything. Also saying boiling water never exceeds X degrees is a little misleading. Sure water only boils once it reaches a certain temp, but it's not like it stops at that temp if it is continued to be heated up.. Overall though this is a nice easy guide to follow.

Thanks! Just depends if you want to end up biting down on a seed or stem, but when water passes the boiling point it escapes into steam.

8. http://forum.grassci...l#entry18887558

For those who can't afford to have their house smelling like a pot party, here is an easy and odorless method that I've used successfully a number of times.

9. just to provide an update: i have abandoned this recipe in favor of one that more closely resembles BadKittySmiles'; using an oven and oven bags, you never smell a thing. and i actually do recommend including stems (but not seeds), just not a whole lot

btw mct oil and sunflower lecithin. it will change your life