how to make the best cuttings ever

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by fivestar, Apr 17, 2009.

1. hi am steve. i have read a few threads on cuttings and talked to many a grower about cuttings. and there is some brilliant advice and i dont know everything.
    when i was told to try this i looked confused and said it wouldnt work, well i was wrong and was outstanded. well enough dribble

do all the normal stuff you do for your cutting{hormone media ect}
    BUT TAKE THE CUTTING IN THE LATTER STAGE OF FLOWERING, cut more than you need off by about 1cm. place a saucer upside down pour on rooting hormone and make you final cut whilst the stalk submerged in the hormone. place in media

keep the cutting in 12/12 light untill roots are showing then veg as you wish.

so whats the difference? well if you have ever seen a plant regrown you may understand. the amount of branches you get is unreal the plant fills out so much.

IF YOU TRY THIS YOU SHOULD ALL BEAT YOUR PERSONAL RECORDS

i will ad pics later

2. I don't get it. What is the saucer for, are you only cutting it halfway?

3. ok the saucer turn it upside down {your after a little bowl so you use less hormone} you want your stalk fully submerged in hormone when you make your final cut as this helps your cutting heal and grow roots better. i use ionic clonex but i prefere some sea kelp but it needs to be fresh as it is still alive and goes mouldy.

4. 12/12 .. hmm.. I've always gone 24 hour light.

5. Yea 24 hour low lvl light for sure and btw isn't taking cuttings from a plant that is in the flowering stage just asking for mutation problems? Don't you want your clones to be the same as the mother?

I guess I am a little slow cause I just don't get the whole saucer thing .. sorry.
    Have always just dipped the cutting in the hormone and that's it.

Peace :)