Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to make Stem Tea!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by whitekush, Oct 16, 2009.

1. yeah he's right. you need to add butter or maybe half n half or something while it's steeping i think. you can't just do straight up water.

2. well the stem was chillin in my drink the whole time, i spat a few out... IDK i had a pretty great body high honestly..

I'm definately gona stick some butter in the bottom of that bitch next time I do this though.. I'll get higher :smoking:

3. I was just about to say the same thing, it is surprising that no one pointed out that THC is only soluble in butter/milk/alcohol. Its gotta be a placebo, thats probably why you don't feel it in your head, there aren't actually any cannabinoids up there lol.

Try boiling your stems in just milk, then adding that to your tea. Should be potent stuff if you use a lot.

If you wanna make your tea alcoholic, DONT boil it in alcohol. You'll have to leave the stems sitting in a bottle of Everclear for a couple days.

4. Haha I almost got excited when I thought someone had made stem tea with just water. I was about to crank up some water!!

5. Where are the face palms lol?

6. Dude I'm going to do this tonight for the first time, I'm so souped..I'll let you know how it felt...

7. Hey, for what it's worth I just tried making some tea following these steps and using 4 grams of stems that I ground up. I'm almost done drinking the tea and I must say that I feel a sort of numbing buzz in my body. I haven't smoked in a while so I attribute what I'm feeling to the stems. I'm not as high as I get from smoking but I will say this tea is having some effects on me. Thanks for the recipe! :D

8. placebo effect

9. stem tea! score!

thanx to both the recipe man and whoever bumped this, now I finally have a destination for them stemz

10. I am so glad I, for whatever reason, collected all my stems in a bag for the last few months. Now I have a reason to continue to do so. Haven't tried this yet, but don't worry, I will in time.

11. how much stem do you need?

12. lol woooooow has nobody read the replies? this is a bum recepie, you need butter, THC binds to fats and alcohol only theres better recipies out there

13. #33 StonerWulf, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2010
    i made tea for me and a buddy a lil bit ago 8oz of milk boiled with 3.5g of stems for 20 min
    i then added 20oz of water and added 2 teabags boiled another 10 min then let steep for 5
    just drank it will let yall know the results in a lil bit
    T :00 drank tea
    T :20 feeling a very mild body buzz, eyes trouble focusing, kinda generally unfocused mind or sumthing
    T 1:00 feels intense body high and focused mind totally zoned in on smash cuts on tv super relaxed feels great
    T 2:20 passin out l8r blades

14. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but you have to add butter so that the THC will bind. I am a huge fan of stem tea I make it with every batch of stems I save; however I must recommend making a cup of Pot Cocoa to all!

15. Just did it. Not bad;)

16. [quote name='"dfernan"']This will absolutely NOT work. Wow Im surprised nobody has really said anything yet. Complete placebo. You MUST put butter, oil, something with fat in it to bind to the THC. The water itself is NOT going to pull out any thc. Its the same like any other edible.[/quote]

this.

17. Ya taste good tho.lol

18. Would this recipe be more potent if i boiled with 8 oz of milk then added the water and teabags..

Or would it be better if i only added a tsp of butter,water and didnt use the milk?

19. to everyone saying this is a placebo effect and you need something to 'bind' the thc, do you have a clear understanding of microbiology?

if you heat a warm a cell the membrane softens up and the pores can become 'leaky', the more heat the more it softens and eventually it can rupture completely.

in doing so the contents of the cell are released into the solution in the environment.

so your theory eats dick

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

20. why the hell did someone grave dig this.