Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to make soft breakable shatter

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by greenscenebho, Jan 12, 2014.

1. I've been making some small runs of bho. I'm using about an oz of bud and getting about 5 grams of bho. I am getting a soft sticky taffy like final product. I am trying to get a soft shatter final product. This is my process, maybe u can assist me in achieving my desired final product. I run the butane through tubes and into Pyrex dish that is in water bath at 100 degrees f. I let butane bubble away and purge in water bath for 15min and pop bubbles. Then I scrape the dish and transfer to oil slick pad. I put oil pad in to vacuum chamber and put chamber in the same water bath at around 100-110. Start to pull vacuum and puff up the bho. Release vacuum as to not over puff. Then pull 29inhg vacuum for about 30-40 minutes and no bubbles. My final product always comes out nice and clear but as a soft stcky taffy. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

2. The best shatter i've ever had was made not with a vacuum pump but by slowly heat purging for several days. They put the heat source on the lowest setting and just let it purge low and slow. I believe this also helps preserve the flavor by not vaping all the terpenes away

3. sounds like you're getting good stuff man, any pics? when you measure your temps what are you measuring?

4. I'm measuring with a digital cooking thermometer right on the bottom of the Pyrex that I'm spraying onto. In degrees f.

5. what is 'bho'  never really  frigged with dabs, or 'shatters' or what have you, but i'm interested  :D