How to make shatter BHO

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by EarlofErrl, Oct 4, 2012.

1. #41 dan k, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
    dont just get any 5x refined tane, use a respectible one like vector, power, calibri, or newport. i have encountered cheaper tanes(neon) that make your end product taste like pickles and it is very undesirable to smoke.

put a small layer of iso or everclear in your pyrex then spray into that, this will alow butane to continue to escape twords the end when it starts to thicken up

for long term storage and use you want that hard shatter, keep all temps below 130, dont whip or agitate anything, oxygen degrades it much faster. store in a dark airtight bottle or jar when not useing.

a lot of my friends use the g pen and swear by it, you can vape flowers or oils.

2. Power is respectable tane? Never suggest anyone to use that garbage.

3. to each his own. i cant find any info saying its bad and i like it for the price.
    just dont get the yellow can. i get the black can.. blue one is good too..

4. common sense should tell you its jank

5. Why its made in the same factory as vector..

6. Oh yeah? then tell me why Vector is so much better? Wheres your proof? I've heard that way too many times. Vector is pretty much the only Korean tane I'll blast with.

7. #47 Im blunter, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2013
    I see you talking about "Korean tane" all the time, I'm pretty sure a lot of chemicals are manufactured and packaged in Korea its not like it was fucking meant for human consumption, you act like the main goal of vector is to supply hashmakers with safe butane, when the fact is they aren't selling butane so you can make hash with it, so it's never going to be as clean as you think it is.
    Trust me the quality doesn't vary between the reputable brands.

8. Definately gonna try this method out. How much BHO do you think i would get if I used a 1/4 of flower? Definately want to try this method out and compare it to my friends method. They make budder and swear by it but this shatter looks pretty promising.

9. How do you get that? Never once was I saying anything about consuming butane. I figure it should be common sense to try and use the cleaner solvent if you can. Never once was i saying Vector was 'pure' or anything, mearly better than the other bullshit. As far as Lucienne, Newport, Colibri, Im fairly certain theyre all manufactured and distributed by Keen-Newport which is why theyre all the same pretty much. If you want the cleanest, get yourself a license and buy a cylinder of n-tane.

10. some people say blast for 3-7 seconds n keep doing that till the cans gone an some people say dont stop blasting till the can is done with no stops witch one would you guys prefer?

11. #51 denma1lm, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013
    Actually if you did your reading and listened to all the podcasts out there on weed you would know that Steep Hill Labs actually tested all the brands of tane. What they found was that Vector was the cleanest but it only beat out power 5x by a small margin. They also said that any of the 7x refined shit is actually worst than any 5x due to filters not being changed enough during the 7x refinement which leads to more waxes in the tane. Just thought I would let you know since its people like you that don't do thorough research before they start spouting off bad info. I used oh vector for 2 years and switched once I found this out since I get the same results except I save 20 - 30 dollars per 12 pack by using power 5x. PLEASE PEOPLE THESE ARE FORUMS FO GOOD WELL RESEARCHED OPINIONS NOT OFF THE CUFF ONES THAT KEEP PEOPLE MISINFORMED. Ohh and you don't get the same results using strictly n-tane since the propane in the canned tanes pull different terpenes than just the n-tane and the n-tane can produce a darker oil. IMO not worth the time or money as long as everything is purged correctly it shouldn't matter. Just use a good tane though like vector or power.

12. hey nice guide but i can giv some tips.. i wouldnt suggest cutting the nugs jus leave it in dec .3 .4 size nugs n jus push em down .. that way the extract comes out honey color.. n jus get a 30 dolla eletric griddle or skillet.. it way easier than heatin up water n u can jus set it n forget until it dec heat purged n then go on to vac but sick guide bro ! ^^ poster interestinting thank for tha info mad ppl spread bad info.. but id say jus spray the can until it done or until the oil comes out clear n then ur safe to stop.

13. Wheres Power's website? You can't even tell me who the fuck makes it! That right there should be enough to sway you away from using that shit. Not to mention smell. It smells like shit because of the Ethyl Mercaptans they have to add for leak detection. UK tane and even Vector don;t smell half as bad as that shit does.

You can say all you want to try and justify using that shit, its still shit.

14. Dude don't be so arrogant I told you steep hill labs tested a bunch of tanes. Here's an idea google steep hill labs get their phone number and call them. Ask them about it or else go get testing done at a university. Also I notice no difference in smell when blasting using vector or power and I just did a side by side comparison. Be a punk and waste ur money when I can make mine cheaper and get the same results as I was with vector. Both power and vector are Korean and are probably made in the same plant.

15. I always make this stuff outside with my buddy

The other day I was watching the local news and some dude blew up his apt trying to make this stuff

Be safe guys

16. Who cares if both are Korean? I'm not over here saying Vector is the best, just better.

UK all day

17. A few pages ago you were just saying how "Korean tane" is terrible and is impure, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter where it was made, no matter what brand it is you have the same chance of having impurities inside your butane, its not the brand name it's the factory.
    Jimmy your opinion is just biased

18. That's exactly what I said but when there is a very minute difference in them I would choose the cheaper as it makes more logical sense money wise. Vector is Korean tane too buddy not UK based. Again do your research you are making yourself look like a fool.

19. Thank you I agree completely with your statement. If jimmy could read I said the same a few posts back. It's all in the purge baby.

20. When did I say Vector wasn't Korean? I've said on multiple occasions that Vector is the only Korean tane I like to use, fool.