Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to Make Rick Simpson Oil (RSO): Small Batch Hash Oil at Home

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by MedicalMilitia, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Hi guys, I'm new to Grasscity, so here is a lil' about me: I'm a veteran medical cannabis user, damn good cook, (recent)vegan, science buff and amateur body builder. I recently decided to start making short, educational videos, about my true love in life: Cannabis. In this vid, I demonstrate how to turn some low grade buds into potent Rick Simpson Oil(RSO/Pheonix Tears). So without further ado, I present to you my very first in a series of short, educational, DIY vids. Let me know what you guys think! I'm open to any constructive criticism and advice and am still learning daily on how I can make these better for you guys.
    -Cheers

2. Many people will turn this video off after seeing isopropyl alcohol in the ingredients list, because they consider it too poisonous to use, and believe it can't be properly purged. You might be able to safely use it, but many won't be able to. The majority here probably use 190 proof ethanol, which doesn't dissolve cannabinoids as well as 99% ISO, but it's safe.

If the RSO is to be used medicinally, more medicine will be dissolved with longer warm soaks.

I couldn't tell whether decarb happened, or was desired.

Without audio, few people will be able to follow the video, unless they already know how to make RSO.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Actually, once you do your research, you will find that it is only the Isopropyl that is below 99 that is the dangerous one to use because they add denaturants and perfume. You must make sure that the only ingredient is Isopropyl alcohol, sometimes called isopropanol.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Much too dangerous for the average person. It's dangerous at any concentration, and no research is needed to know that. The material itself is poison.
    Somebody will use it as a tincture without purging, or purge insufficiently several times in a row.

It's probably perfectly safe in your hands, but anyone can be an idiot sometime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I am demonstrating how to make RSO safely at home. Not how to make tinctues. If you watch the video and follow the instructions you will be fine.

6. your efforts are much appreciated but like the above posters, I have no interest in working with Isopropyl alcohol, butane, hexane... any of that poisonous shit. There are so many stupid people out there who wouldn't take the time to purge 100% (if that is even possible) I don't care how easy or efficient it is - I'm just not interested.
    Everclear is my choice of solvents

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. It comes down to personal preference for solvents. Although I explain throughouly in the video that once there is ZERO activity left and there is no more bubbles, your oil has been fully purged and also decarboxylated and is ready for consumption. I have alot of experience with this. I have also used food grade alcohol but I found that I get better results with 99 %isopropyl alcohol. If it is available near you, you can get even better results using naphtha. Please do your research before spreading missinformation. I have years of experience and have done thorough research and due diligence. Like I said, as long as you follow the instructions you will be fine, and you will save tons of money and get a healthier product then what they sell which isn't even real RSO half the time. I know alot of people who like their everclear and it does give decent results. I am showing the way that I have personally had the best results with. I take this oil every day, 4 times a day in vegan capsules(not made with animal geletin) mixed with MCT coconut oil and liquid sunflower lecithin. I am clearly showing the proper and safe way to do this. Alot of medical patients apart from me rely on this life saving medication, made affordably, for a fraction of the cost that it is sold at. -Cheers

• Like Like x 3