How to make really short autoflowering plants?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Younggungrower, May 7, 2012.

1. 1 or 2 gallon smart pots, some velcro, and tomato ties, the soft kind. tie the branches down, should be golden.

2. No prob. what kind of soil are you thinking about using?

3. Its an organic soil mix that is 30% perliite 10% pure compost and 60% soil. the seeds are Lowryder Deisel Ryder... ^_^

4. that's kind of nondescript.... exactly which ingredients do you have for the soil?

5. thats just what it says on the bag... :S

6. really, what brand name?

7. All Purpous Premier Organic Plotting Soil from Canadian Tire

8. Nice, if you have access to premier products that's awesome, their shrimp/shell fish compost and worm compost, will be especially useful if you add another %25 of it to your soil. the compost ingredient is important because it acts in cohesion with other fertilizers you add into the soil, so if you are going to add any thing more like kelp meal or fish bone, or neem meal, it's worth considering adding more quality compost material like premiers.

9. Thanks ^_^ im just prayin that my plants get so big they hit the lights... cuz i have no money to make a new box let alone buy one...

10. you should be fine. the box is small but its the same size as any other pc grow box.
    most autoflowers are short with small yeilds anyhow so you should be golden. and the strain you have sounds delicious.

11. Yah it is supost to be one of the best autos. How much yeild do you think i will get from 2 plants? using LST

12. Autos kick into flower if they root bind. So small pots will make small plants

Airports, smartpots etc...... All stop root binding..so they will not help keep autos small really.

13. my auto (northern storm) grew to be 34 inches tall in 50 days, in 3 Gal pots. you may want to go smaller than 2 G to make sure you dont run out of room. And as far as yield it varies greatly from strain to strain, and more so in the autos, from what I have read. but about 10 days from cutting my auto I would say an ounce per plant is the max for my operation..

14. So if i do LST with my plants in a 1 gallon pot... i should be ok?

15. I would think one gallon wouldn't give you enough room to properly LST, my LST is currently in a 25 G and it has overrun the pot pretty quickly. I suppose you could train it to work in 1 G, but if you have the chance to go bigger, do it.

16. Well... i only have so much space in my PC case... will two 2 gallon pots even fit? LOL