Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to make oil?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CannabisKills, Feb 16, 2013.

1. I recently saw a thread that was a simple guide to making oil and I'd like to see if anyone can help me find it or knows what I'm talking about. Basically there wasn't even any cooking mentioned, all you have to do is grind up the weed, mix it with a solvent, shake it up, then freeze it overnight. Then microwave it until warm and it is ready to go. Anyone know this thread? :confused:

2. #3 TokinUp, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
    Type bho into the search bar.youll find a guide.when you make it please do it outside.people are blowing themselves up all the time.safety first.you could also make bubble hash which is easier, cheaper, and faster not too mention solventless and less dangerous

3. Well I'm really looking for this specific guide, I saw it within the last week. There were less than 10 steps, no vacuums, nothing complex, just let it freeze overnight. I've tried searching and can't find it, I'll keep looking. :cool:

It could have been a guide for bubble hash, maybe I'm thinking of the wrong concentrate.

4. [quote name='"CannabisKills"']Well I'm really looking for this specific guide, I saw it within the last week. There were less than 10 steps, no vacuums, nothing complex, just let it freeze overnight. I've tried searching and can't find it, I'll keep looking. :cool:

It could have been a guide for bubble hash, maybe I'm thinking of the wrong concentrate.[/quote]

Ye.if no purge or heat is involved youre probly thinking of bubble hash.look up matt rizes ice wax texhnique

5. #6 CannabisKills, Feb 16, 2013
    Maybe I can find the thread if I know what concentrate I'm talking about lol...

I'll try to remember the steps exactly as possible:

1. Take kief, trimmings, etc., grind as finely as possible. Then put in container.
    2. Add solvent (was vegetable oil or water, I think oil though) and make it the consistency where its not watery, but a perfect balance of thickness and liquid.
    3. Shake.
    4. Place in freezer overnight.
    5. Microwave for a few seconds next day.
    6. Use.

I'm not sure if this would classify as an oil or hash, but thats really all there was to the guide. I couldn't even find it in my history and I never clear my history, this is very strange.

6. sounds like your talking about qwiso(quick wash isopropyl alcohol)
    with an extra step at the end of winterization to remove waxes and lipids.

just crumble the weed up instead of grinding it.
    put it in a mason jar, pour enough iso to fill to just above the weed
    let it sit for a couple seconds, make sure everything is soaked in alcohol
    put two coffee filters over the mouth of the mason jar and strain it onto a plate or pyrex dish and let it evaporate.
    after that you need to put enough ethyl alcohol(the kind you drink. above 151proof everclear is best ) in a jar to redissolve the hash, stick it in the freezer for a day then re-filter and evaporate. youll have some bomb ass hash.. you can even re run the material for a second lower quality wash.

7. oh wait so you want budder to use in edibals? idk about that tek, you want to simmer in butter or oil for at least a half hour to activate all the chemicals
    the only tek ive ever heard that uses the microwave is firecrackers.

8. If you find it tell me sounds like a good recipe

9. Since you mentioned cooking I think you mean canna-oil, not BHO? Go to the incredible edible section. But you basically decarb the bud, get a frying pan and use the appropriate amount of oil depending on how much bud you are using. Cover and simmer/LOW for about 30-45 minutes. Strain the oil so there are no chunks in it and the oil is ready for brownies/cookies/w.e. you are making. Of course there is more to it but this is just the basics. This^ is what I found when I was looking into making oil. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I rarely make edibles.

10. I do remember the OP saying specifically how the only heating that needed to be done was in the microwave. Thanks for all the help, I'll keep trying to find this lol.

11. #12 1sttimegrower, Feb 16, 2013
    Edit: woops OP never said hash - everyone else started assuming it so I did as well haha.

If you want to make edibles, IMO, get a crockpot/slowcooker, melt some oil or butter in there, add your weed stuff, let it simmer for 2-4 hours. Add soy lecithin for availability. Freeze overnight, strain the next day, and use it in anything or take it straight. I've never had any cooking oil hit me as much as one properly done in a crock pot.

If you want to make actual hash, search QWISO or BHO and there are tons of guides.

12. I'd recommend not using a microwave unless that's the only heating method you have.

13. U didnt mention scraping the plate