Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to make my coconut canna oil stronger?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Terregale, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Hello everyone,
    I am extremely new to making edibles but not new to cooking in general. Over the summer I had a hard jolly rancher type candy that was perfect. So my significant other and I planned to try and replicate candy.

I read lots of recipes and found Bad kitty's recipe using jello, sugar, corn syrup, and canna oil.

I made 1/2 cup of coconut oil with 10 grams....approximately .5g keif, 7g afghan kush, and 1.5 grams various stems. My oil is beautiful, candy tastes yummy but using only 1/4 cup of this oil it isn't quite strong enough for our liking.

In an attempt to redeem myself can I remelt my canna oil and infuse with more marijuana for the next batch of candy or should I start over? If I should start over what to make with 1/4 cup canna coconut oil...not cookies, have plenty that pack a punch so my canna butter was perfect ;)

2. Re infusing is not a problem. I use 2 oz per pound when I make butter or coconut oil. I'm sure at some point, the fat becomes saturated and won't take anymore THC, but I've not found a study on it yet

3. Thanks! I thought it would work just wasn't positive.

4. Just remember to keep your temps mellow on your simmer, and remember that you will take a loss in what the plant absorbs. best re infusion IMO, would be to re melt gently (double boiler or crockpot) and use kief to up the potency. Simmer low for 1.5-2 hrs and strain, then let it re harden. Less heat and time needed for kief than for whole plant.

5. Right! We barely simmered the first go around. I actually used my candy thermometer and kept temps right around 200. The way I made my oil originally was in a large pot with water and added the coconut oil and once melted added added the cannabis to it. I like the idea of using kief to increase the potency...we just need more of it. In the meantime the canna oil left is in my fridge. I was contemplating using it to make peanut butter balls or something similar....smaller quantity than my candies so bigger THC dose which is what we are looking for.