How to make money and live off the land

Discussion in 'General' started by ChiefBuddha, Dec 7, 2011.

1. yeah but to own a vineyard, youd probably have to buy someone out. Most of the premium land has been taken by the families that settled here after the prohibition

2. buddha you could grow ginseng. or you can have my babies and clone em.

3. #43 Wellthatsgroovy, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
    chief buddha...

there are 2 different options I Can think of for you to live in the natural way you desire...

1. There is a growing movement of people around the world who are taking up lives in eco villages. communities of people who typically share a large amount of land, sometimes used as a farm cooperative.

Ask your friend Google.. but here's a snippet of info from the global ecovillage network website :

"The motivation for ecovillages is the choice and commitment to reverse the gradual disintegration of supportive social/cultural structures and the upsurge of destructive environmental practices on our planet.

For millenia, people have lived in communities close to nature, and with supportive social structures. Many of these communities, or "ecovillages", exist to this day and are struggling for survival.

Ecovillages are now being created intentionally, so people can once more live in communities that are connected to the Earth in a way that ensures the well-being of all life-forms into the indefinite future.

Ecovillages are one solution to the major problems of our time - the planet is experiencing the limits to growth, and our lives are often lacking meaningful content. According to increasing numbers of scientists, we have to learn to live sustainably if we are to survive as a species. The United nations launched its Global Environment Outlook 2000 report, based on reports from UN agencies, 850 individuals and over 30 environmental institutes, concluding that "the present course is unsustainable and postponing action is no longer an option."

Ecovillages, by endeavoring for lifestyles which are "successfully continuable into the indefinite future", are living models of sustainability, and examples of how action can be taken immediately. They represent an effective, accessible way to combat the degradation of our social, ecological and spiritual environments. They show us how we can move toward sustainability in the 21st century (Agenda 21).

In 1998, ecovillages were first officially named among the United Nations' top 100 listing of Best Practices, as excellent models of sustainable living."

Also there you could join WWOOF the worldwide organization of organic farmers... linking up people who want to work farms in exciting locations all across the world for room and board and sometimes pay or sometime volunteer but room and board is given...

those are both ways you could get living the lifestyle you want with out the capital for investment in your own land....

edit :
    2. WWOOF World Wide Organisation of Organic Farmers

I dont know why I didnt include that earlier..... sorry guys .... :bongin:

derpa sorry guys sorry i just saw that i put that twice yeah sorry hahahaha a :wave::wave::bongin::bongin::bongin::gc_rocks::love::yay::metal::laughing::laughing::laughing:

:yummy:
    I understand your sentiment completely...