How to make joints less wasteful?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by termanator1f, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Joints are my fave thing to smoke and I know that they use up a lot of weed. So i was wondering how to roll one so that they weren't that wasteful. Any tips?

2. use a grinder for your weed so it's broken up in equal small pieces, roll it tight and slimmy

You can use your saliva to wet the paper before lighting it, it makes it last longer

3. Cloth style cigarette roller and a cigarette holder. You can smoke the whole joint and not have to worry with a roach. The cigarette holder can also double as a one hitter.

4. If you use tobacco, take a tolerance break, then start rolling weed with tobacco 1 part of each.

Use a filter so you don't have to deal with roaches.

You can use the spliff method with anything if you don't smoke tobacco. Use marshmallow leaf, Damiana leaf, etc. any herbal smoking blend.

There's not a ton of ways to make a joint less wasteful. If you use a bong or pipe all the smoke goes to the piece and your lungs, with joints they are constantly burning.

If you're really interested in using less get a vaporizer they usually use like .3 grams sometimes less. Joints are one of the worst options to save weed.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Always use a paper filter. If you have shwag weed, fill the bottom 1/3 of the joint or so with that. If you don't have any fill the bottom part of the joint with tobacco or "herbal tobacco" blends.

The biggest waste in a joint is the roach. The last hits are hot and harsh. This way you smoke down to 1/2 inch or so and just toss it.

6. Cardboard filter..Just tear a bit of the tally ho packet. This then means u can smoke the whole thing down to the cardboard.
    Use trim mixed in with the flowers to save on flowers.
    Grow more? I know this sounds silly but the more you have the more wasteful you can be.

7. You only need .3 for a joint. Its a pinner but its still a joint just don't grind the weed if you go that route finger busting it stretches it out more.

8. This is going to sound weird but if I knew that half a joint would do the trick then I would just tear the paper in half and roll up just a half joint. Smoke it entirely. No stinky roach to save.

9. Thats not weird if im by myself nd want a joint i roll a roach sized joint only uses .2 - .3 and gets me to where I want to be

• Like Like x 1
  10. there is no way to save ganja when rolled in a doobie. If you want to save on ganja go with a vape or a small one hitter. Also don't roast the ever loving fuck out of the bowl youre smoking. If done right, the flame doesn't even need to touch the ganja in the bowl. It just needs to be close so the heat starts to lightly combust the green. That way it won't sit there smoking away while you are holding your hit and the hot ass flame won't cremate the goods. You'll be surprised just how many hits you'll get when you get the process down. So many people miss the finer points of being a stoner. Scorching the bowl to death is one of them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ever heard of a generation joint? Roaches are only wasted if you choose to waste them.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Try smoking a bloomer! They are organic banana leaves and they have seeded beeswax filters so when you are done smoking them they just grow into a wildflower. They are actually really easy to roll and they burn mad slow

13. If you don't like pipes you can roll it and then cut it into short lengths about 1/4 to 3/8" long and then smoke those in a CLEAN pipe, this was my late brothers favorite way to smoke, ZERO waste and each piece had a fresh newly lit joint taste. A good way to burn up your crumbs too.

• Like Like x 1