Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe How to make high potency cannabutter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by CannabutterEnthusiast, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Hello everyone, recently I’ve become interested in canna-butter and canna-oils. I’ve experimented making canna-butter myself and have a question I’m dying to get answered. I’m trying to make extremely concentrated canna-oil using high quality 20%+ thc marijuana. Using 2 ounces of this material I wanted to make 1 cup of canna-oil. That would be 56 grams of material that has 200mg thc per gram which would total out at around 11,000mg thc that I’m trying to diffuse into this 1 cup of oil. Now my question is would this be scientifically possible could 11,000mg of thc dissolve into only 1 cup of oil or is there a limit to how much thc that is capable of dissolving into a set amount of oil.

2. Why would you want/need anything that strong?

I'm in chronic pain 24/7 & I only use an 8th when making cookies & it stops the pain..

3. You can try...

The challenge is getting 1 cup of oil to saturate 56g of material.

If you want strong canna oil, make RSO and then you can dilute it into coconut oil.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. There's an easy way around this.
    Make whole herb edibles using any cookie box mix.
    Or make infused nut butters and/or nutella.

First, decide on how many edibles you want, and how potent you want them.
    For example, I make batches of 30 cookies using home made vegan recipes, that I want to be 40 mg THC each.
    Here's the recipe for that assuming the 20% is accurate.
    1. Decarb 6 grams herb (or a larger amount and save some for later) @ 240 F for 40 min using a verifying thermometer.
    2. Grind to fine powder.
    3. Add decarbed herb powder and a roughly equal amount of Lecithin to the recipe oil.
    4. Quickly pre-heat on a stove top to 220 F, then bake at that temp for 20 min to make the herb more digestible.
    5. Add mixture to the other ingredients, and follow the recipe.

The same thing can be done using nut butter or nutella, but infuse the oil for 40-60 min instead of 20 min.
    I do this to quickly test new herb.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yep but you will all get a disgusting amount chlorophyll and other contaminants along with the THC. You would also have to do it in multiple batches. Assuming you are dead set on it, it should be possible.

[​IMG]

6. I taste no herb, chlorophyll, or other contaminants when at least 10 grams of other ingredients are mixed with 1/4 g herb in one cookie.

You don't have to make multiple batches of oil, because it can be made in large batches, and used over a long time.in several different recipes. You just have to keep track of total herb and total weight.

But multiple batches are very easy.
    The hard part is weighing the individual cookies to make sure the dose is consistent.

• Like Like x 1
  7. What I make now is at the saturation point for the Kief I'm using. Physical saturation as in it's a paste consistency and more Kief or less oil would be to dry to flow in an eyedropper.

If your working with even stronger concentrates like wax, shatter, rosin you can get twice the THCmg per ml of oil infused.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes

5 grams decarbed Kief, Hash, Concentrates, Powdered buds
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil (any cooking oil works)
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 For 20 minutes
    Done.

With kief or hash start with 1-5 drops
    With powdered buds 5-15 drops
    Rosin 1-3 drops.

[​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Physically you cannot get two ounces of cannabis to fit into one cup of oil.If you strain out the cannabis from your oil you lose a great deal of the potency, your 11,000 mg becomes 9,000 mg or less (estimating loss at 20%). If you use concentrate you can easily make potent oil/butter. Let us know what you end up doing, please.

9. Soy Lechitin really stepped up the game of my canna butter

• Like Like x 1