How To Make Good Oil Step By Step With Pictures

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by GreenOperator, Jul 16, 2011.

1. that oil doesnt look purged very well. what temps were you using?

2. Hey buddy,

with this oil made can it be used in the vape pens. I didn't read any of the responses so I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it.

3. The oil is still hot on the grill in that pic, so it looks lighter and runnier than it is.    I cooked at 225 F until the very end when I lowered to 200.    I did the flame test with the bubbles, and then once I was sure all the ISO was cooked out, I took the pan into my basement to turn on the grill again and see if I could smell any ISO fumes.......none at all, cooked for a couple more minutes just to be extra safe.   No nasty alcohol smell or taste in the final product and which smokes and tastes incredible.

4. are you trying to decarb your oil?

5. Kind of an old thread, but if I found it, others can too.  I never could get iso oil down right!  I'd usually use a half oz to an oz of trim, shake for 30 seconds (sometimes 60, I tried various things) and then had glass cups with coffee filters fastened to them that I strained it through (usually like 4 cups) but it always strains soooo slow, that I can almost see the chlorophyll being leached outta the plant stuff in each cups coffee filter puddle.  It usually comes out real black and tacky, with not the best taste.  I'm gonna try my hand at BHO this week.  But good iso oil isn't impossible, I see it on the forums.  Most people, including myself, just get some of the technicalities wrong for whatever reason.

6. ^Freeze your material and alcohol for at least 24hr before extracting, gently swirl/aggitate the jar instead of shaking and dont wash for any longer than 30 seconds, keep it quick

7. Could this be done on a very small scale? like using a couple grams of shake and getting .3-.5 back in oil? Or is it not worth it then? 

8. #108 stupidstuff, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    This thread needs to be deleted.  Old and wayyyyyy out of date. no insult but why this is pinned is a mystery. This is known as rick sims oil.

9. I don't think it should be deleted, this thread gives very good info for those of us looking to make oil, although some of the pictures on the op aren't working, it still gives everyone a good idea on what to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Not really, the ISOhead thread is a waaaaaayyyyy better resource for alcohol extractions

11. So i have to ask you folks who use a lot of iso, why not just condense your vapor? set up a still as if you were going to make a small batch of moonshine with a pressure cooker and some copper pipe.

12. ISOhead thread?  I can't find it.

13. well from what i know a still has a chance of blowing up so thats my guess as to why we dont... plus iso is relatively cheap, i could definitely see myself doing it if i was using ethanol or something though

14. can you vape the oil if you have a vaporizer?

15. How Would u do this on a smaller scale not as much green. About a half ounce of good. Quater of buble hash

16. Skipping to last page....

17. I was wondering if there is any way to 'clean' up the dark color. I noticed as a worked my material at the end that the oil was a very nice gold but as the evaporation finished it picked up the color or the original material.

18. Sometimes that happens to me because my heat gets to high. Different strains react differently. Idk if you can remove it. Put it in some ever clear, let dissolve and try refiltering it. Have to go through the purge process again though. Sure it wouldn't hurt.

19. My redeisolved waxes back into everclear usually arw dark red type colors.. Looks black on the parchment

20. answered my own question. not really. what i did was i didnt squeeze the pillow case out into the same bucket...i used a second one for the 'squeeze'. what i seen was the 'squeeze' was really dark and oily, where the 1st bucket was the color of lime gator aid. i also cooked both down separately, the squeeze giving as much as the dripped batch...even thou the squeeze was way smaller in volume. and everything ended up the same color in the end