How To Make Good Oil Step By Step With Pictures

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by GreenOperator, Jul 16, 2011.

1. #81 lightbearer, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
    I"m from the East Coast and would like some of that medicinal hemp oil. Can you make some high quality 37% THC hemp oil? I know some Cannibis plants have THC contents of over 35%. Thanks a million for your response/help!

Sam

2. Ive made numerous batches of qwiso with stems, trim, outdoor buds, normal heads, and top shelf...Granted there was obviously variation in quality, however for the most part Ive gotten golden, amber, light brown, and dark brown-blackish. No doubt they all got me very stoned though so quit complaining and perfect your methods!

3. Lightbearer your wrong bro, the highest THC value recorded for 2012 was 27.5 percent THC, 35% would be absolutely ridiculous.

4. But he's right that oil can have a much higher percentage.

Lightbearer you should be able to find 60-80% THC oil

5. Ya oils can reach high percentages about 70-80 percent. And tinctures can go upwards into the high 90s if you can get high quality stuff

6. Cancer is a deadly disease that needs to be stopped from taking innocent lives. A disease that pays no respect to AGE nor FINANCIAL STATUS should not be allowed to reign instead it should be fight and eradicated.

After the introduction of chemotherapy and radiotherapy the war against this deadly disease started but the probability that this war can be won using the methods above is not hundred percent certain.

I was once a prisoner of cancer who used the methods above to begin the fight for my freedom which i got for sometime until the cancer returned with great determination to take my life and i was also determined not to allow it to take my life so i decided to sort for other solutions.

I met with my doctor who told me about cannabis oil and she also told me about a friend of her's who treats patients with it, she gave me his Email address( contacthospital_eastern.george@yahoo.com )and asked me to contact him. I contacted him and met him in person, i told him about my situation and asked him what i needed to do.

He advised me, told me the quantity of oil i needed and how to use it. I followed his instructions and now i have finally gained my freedom.

7. Fantastic guide!   I've got a QP of high quality trim and popcorn saved up, and I'm going to give this a go this week.    I know BHO is all the rage these days, but I'm an old-school smoker and I miss the high quality ISO oil that was everywhere when I was back in high-school......sadly I haven't encountered it since, and that was 15+ years ago.     Sometimes it would be undercooked garbage, but when it was done properly (like in this guide), it was out of this world!   I would spend $20 for a one-gram vial and it would last me weeks, as it would only take a tiny drop spread out on a paper to get you blitzed.   I think the taste is an acquired one, and it's not for everyone, but I always loved the taste of properly made oil, and I'm excited to try my hand at producing some!

GreenOperator was using 1 pound of trim and averaging 10 vials of oil.   Each of those vials is 5g, so that's 50g of oil per pound of trim or an 11% return.....considering that this method is only pour-through, that's a surprisingly good yield for such high quality.    As with any concentrates, it comes down to the quality of the starting material.    In my case, my material is of equally high quality, so I will follow this method exactly and hope for a similar return.   If so, my 6 ounces of trim and buds would yield around 18 grams of oil......that would last me a year!  

I need to round up the necessary supplies, but I'm going to have a go at this in the next week or so......I'll report back with my results.

8. You have that backwards, tinctures are weaker than oil. oils can range up to the 90s when refined in a secondary solvent.

Oil thats 37% is ridiculously low

9. Just found a sweet deep-dish electric skillet with heat control on sale for $30......can't wait to get cookin'!   Didn't realize how much ISO I will need for my 6 ounces of material, I'm going to end up spending $50+ on 99% iso as I can only find the little bottles that are $5 each. 

10. will 91% iso work thats all i could find at walmart. i have  a half a gallon zip lock bag of trim full how much iso should i pour throught the pillow case? what is the ratio i didnt find it in this form? thanks guys

11. It's a pain to find 99%, some Walmart's near me had it but I had to go to 6 different stores to buy enough for my run.   I'm not sure about the 91% as I am currently doing my first run as I type this.   According to OP, you should use approx twice the volume of iso to volume of the bud you are using.

I'm halfway through cooking my batch right now, slow and steady wins the race.    I'm wondering how mine will turn out, I followed this method exactly.   The only issue I ran into was that my pillowase had a high thread count and the iso did not exit the pillow case as fast as I poured it in.  As a result, the iso would collect on the bottom for a short period, nothing I could really do about it....hope it doesn't affect the final quality too much.

12. Any one else want to chime in

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Will 300 thred pillow case work fine?

14. Well I gotta say I'm stoked, my final product turned out fantastic!    My oil is quite a bit lighter than the oil in the tutorial pics, it's not black, more of a golden-brown.    No green at all to it, so I didn't get any unwanted chlorophyl from my pillow case draining slowly.   My oil has a fantastic smell to it, brings me back to my highschool days.   I cooked it a bit longer to make sure there was absolutely no iso left in the oil.....when I was pretty sure it was done, I brought the skillet into my basement (where there were no ISO fumes) and cooked for another minute and couldn't smell alcohol at all.   The final product also passed the lighter test.

I also got very similar yield to the OP.   I ran about 6 ounces of trim and bud and filled 3 1/2 large vials with golden goodness.    That works out to be about 17-18 grams, which is right around the 10% return mark that the OP gets.    This wasn't a cheap experiment, as I spent about $100 on 99% iso (shit isn't cheap), but I couldn't be happier.  

I managed to do this all in one day, but I could see it taking 2 days if you were going to run a full pound of trim like OP.    When I finsihed at around midnight, I rolled a little pinner with .1-.2 of bud in a paper I spread with a little of the oil left on the griddle and holy balls!   It felt like I was floating, and I could barely walk!   This shit is POTENT!   I was passed out in bed within 45 minutes of smoking, definitely not for daytime use or for inexperienced smokers.

Anyhow, thanks again to OP for this kickass guide.    I took a coupe of pics of my handywork, will upload them later when I have some time.

15. Here are the pics. 

Pic#1 - iso after being poured through the pillowcase and filtered through coffee filter.  Golden yellow/brown color.

Pic#2 - oil after all the iso is cooked off on the skillet

Pic#3 - final product in vials.  You can see that it's golden brown and not black or tarry.

Attached Files:

16. Dose any one know if 91% iso will work?

17. 91% is fine it will just take a tad longer to evaporate.

18. Thanks.. Where do u get those viles ? dose cvs have them

19. Got em from a head shop.   They are glass and each hold five grams, around here we call them "fivers".  They about $2 each and are great as you can heat the sides to get the oil to run so you can get every last bit out.