How To Make Good Oil Step By Step With Pictures

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by GreenOperator, Jul 16, 2011.

1. someone got a little to high to update lol :p

2. this. im so tired of reading so many negative things about iso when the people saying them DID IT WRONG. Your not going to get a perfect product the first time, or even the second, hell maybe even the third or fourth. But dont spread misinformation ( to the person you quoted), yes your "black gooey shit" is bad, but if you do the wash correct it will be some "golden glass shit" that is un fucking real.

3. can you use veg leaves that have a lil frost on them ... like leaves i cut to give more air to an light to lower

4. I was arguing about that with somebody the other day. Technically...yes you can, because they contain VERY low levels of thc and cbd's. Is it worth it? Idk...give it a shot. Freeze everything for a day and then do a super quick soak, like 5-10 seconds max. Let us know how it goes.

5. your saying quick soak of water... or the iso... what local stores will have high % iso

6. With the iso. Idk what your local stores are. But I go to Safeway, they got 99. If you can't find 99 just get 91 at a cvs or rite aid or something

7. should i let them dry... for couple days until crunchy or should i freeze not to long after plucing them

8. until crunchy..the strongest i could find was 91% iso... an i got some cheese cloth and a croc pot

9. is cheese cloth equal to or better than coffee filters? anyone think cheese cloth might soak up some of the goods?

10. probably absorbs less thc dan the cloth but from reads all over.. you'll use more filters ... so probably equals out.

11. notoruous cheech ... what your opinion on using sticky leaves cut from veg an early flower that stink... an should i let dry a day, or crispy brown, or should i just freeze em an try.... they stink an smell full of thc...Reserve Privada The OG #18... Also should i grind them up... i think this will take all the sticky ness and juices from the leaves....

12. No cheesecloth is worse as it lets more particles through. The only thing absorbing thc is the isopropyol.

I just said let them dry out. Cheech isn't going to say anything different. If you use wet leaves there is still a lot of water in them and you're likely to extract a big gooy mess. Dry them out completely...don't grind them up, and run the iso through.

You're WAY over thinking this brother.

13. everything washed has said is worth more than what i could tell you haha, sorry brotha. i dont grow so couldnt answer correctly.

dont grind them up

also like washed said your over thinking it. iso wash is very very easy, but when you over think it is when it starts to turn into a mess. youll be fine, just make sure your product is not in the iso for long.

14. Lol iight I jus ain't feel like waiten for dem to dry I had to reread ... But ima go get some filters ... But come checc out my grow washed

15. JESUS.. is what i thought when i read pillow case. thats hella oil. lol

16. I've done it with fresh buds before and it worked.

This 'argument' about iso as a poor choice is so stupid, people complaining about iso as a method because it gets more "things" from the alcohol is ludicrous.
    If they had read anything at all they would see that in all methods the solvent is not in the included product!!

Anyhow My first ISO wash was a 30 second jar shake! I used dank fresh buds, and leaves a mix of (romulan, chem-og,snowcap,etc.) and EVEN THOUGH it took extra chlorophylls and was black gooey oil, (more like resin) It was seriously potent. I smoked it with two female friends and after the bowl, both were asleep in their positions within the hour. LOL
    That was last year.

THIS YEAR, I'm glad to find your guide here! I want to make oil with what I have. Thank you for this guide man!

I was wondering if you do seperate runs with trim/leaf/buds?

17. im positive he said somewhere that he just threw everything together in a mix in the pillowcase

18. great method and explanation deffinitly going to try this sometime thanks
    D

19. Great thread man that looks the bomb! In the uk about thirty years ago we used to have a lot of Moroccan hash oil here, it looked just like yours, we used to roll one up the same as you but another nice way to smoke it is to chase the dragon the same as they do with smack (stops to hawk and spit) put a blob on a piece of kitchen foil, roll up a twenty pound note (would also work with USA currency :D) put your lighter under the foil and the oil will bubble and burn, you can take a toke and leave it then come back to it later. I still find books and shit that have green stains on from back in the day!
    Easy dudes.