How To Make Good Oil Step By Step With Pictures

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by GreenOperator, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Thank you sir. How do I know how much alcohol to use?

2. well for me, if i were to put all my trimmings and what not in a bucket, then put iso in a bucket that same size, i like to have twice as much iso. maybe more. people who soak it only use as mush iso that would cover the trimmings. but since i pour it over i find you need more.

3. Thanks, I will post a few pics when I am finished.

4. A very good how to. I will use it soon.

I will use everclear over Iso, if you want to know why just ask yourself which one you can drink. Also what else is in Iso that you may not want?

5. awesome, you should take a pic of what your using beforehand too so we can see waht you get out of what you used.

yea if you are worried you may not burn everything away you could do that, but i realy dont go for quantity i take the time and realy make sure i get as much as humanly possible burned out. even after its done sometimes i just let it sit in the pan so it can still evaporate any tiny bits that i might miss.

6. Damn Bro,

Pass that oily bitch over here!:wave: Excellent thread. I really appreciate your sharing that info. I had no idea how to make oil so now I have a great reason to save up my shake for a while!

• Like Like x 1
  7. It turn out good for me
    1/2 of my first scrape..
    [​IMG]

I added some kief to make some of the oil, more "hashy"

[​IMG]
    2nd half,

[​IMG]

The fresh frozen trim I used,

[​IMG]

I would assume I made about 2 1/2 - 3 g's

8. so i had a highdea the other day
    what if you used oil to soak some hemp twine, making it like beeline in a sense, then when you used beeline to light up it would get you more baked than all the fuckers who are always hatin on your beeline:devious:

9. nice little outcome you had there, how did it smoke? and yea i suppose that would work i dont realy see why not. but me personaly i stick to jsut rolling oil joints.

10. Holy tits man, this is such a good way to make oil. I always thought you had to do a BHO extract in order to get that hash oil consistency that you buy/see in the clubs. In your opinion you think I would have enough trim in my outdoor grow to make a iso wash worth it? I fucking love that hash oil and would be so much happier making my own than buying it $40 a gram from the club....

11. yah, use all your leaves and your trimmings and any popcorn buds, should make it worth while for you, if you do it right its killer. i cant smoke this batch unless i want to go to bed within 2 hours after smoking.

12. what the function of this oil?
    I did't get it.. hehe. may someone explain?

13. Yikes, a virgin!!! (JK) :)
    Hash oil is a concentrated, sticky, intense and pwerful version of THC. Tasty and rich, you can just take a paper clip and draw a line of oil on an otherwise no big deal joint and make it into a lung busting giggle fest. Usually stores in small glass vials and pretty rare.

14. This might be a stupid question but any way is there a reason a 100% cotton pillow case is used would a 50 50 cotton polyester service?

Any way great tutorial will be trying it my self soon

15. well, im not 100% sure to tell you the truth. my old guru told me always 100% cotton when he taught me. i didnt question it, just knew thats how it was so thats how i was going to do it. you dont use one from around the house thats ben used anyways you gotta go buy a new one everytime you do it, so may as well buy a 100% cotton rather than something else. maybe the polyester doesnt work as well or something to do with so much iso running through it that it might extract something not so good out of it?

• Like Like x 1
  16. What if you poured the ISO (99%) through the shake twice??? would this make the outcome of the oil maybe yeild better or worse?

17. It's called a second wash. You get more yeild but less quality.

18. Where do you find that large container of 99% alcohol?

19. yes, you can wash it through as many times as you want. but im quality over quantity, so i do just once with pouring through the pillow case so that it doesnt have any time to " soak " in the iso. i want a fast clean wash. but if your wanting to do more than 1 pour, consider sitting it in the bucket to soak rather than pouring it over and over.

check out your hydro store. some of them sell it.

20. very nice! i was looking for an alternative method other than cold, pressed, and butane.. this looks excitingly dangerous! ;) but the results are perfect. respect to you. i wish i could smoke that oil j with you bro, that looked pretty sweet :hello: