Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to make deliciously potent firecrackers

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Pkrangerown, Jul 5, 2013.

1. #1 Pkrangerown, Jul 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
    What's up Grasscity, I am going to Six Flags tomorrow and decided I'm going to make a good ol' fashion firecracker for my enjoyment. I figured " Hey why not post a tutorial! " so that's exactly what I decided to do.

What you will need -
    - 0.7 grams or more of dank / 1.5 grams or more of mids
    - Graham crackers
    - Nutella
    - Peanut Butter
    - Butter
    - Aluminum foil
    - An oven

1 - First grind up your herb, here I have what I thought looked to be a gram of dro, along with some stems from the same batch.
    image.jpg

2 - Next create a sort of aluminum bowl for your herb to go in.
    image.jpg

3 - Set your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. When its heated up put the aluminum foil bowl with your herb in it, and let it cook for 15 minutes.
    image.jpg

4 - Assemble all your ingredients ( Nutella, Peanut butter, butter, and Graham crackers )
    image.jpg

5 - Melt a very small amount of butter in the microwave.
    image.jpg

6 - Mix 1 part peanut butter to 2 parts Nutella, add a very small amount of melted butter, the mixture should be oily but not runny. If your mixture becomes runny add some more Nutella and peanut butter until it reaches the desired consistency.
    image.jpg

7 - After 15 minutes in the oven your herb should crumble very easily into a fine consistency. If you have a grinder grind it as powdery as possible.
    image.jpg

8 - Heat your oven to 335 degrees Fahrenheit.
    image.jpg

9 - Spread the Nutella mixture on two Graham crackers.
    image.jpg

10 - Add your medicine.
    image.jpg

11 - Mix you medicine thoroughly in the Nutella mixture.
    image.jpg

12 - Put the 2 Graham crackers together.
    image.jpg

13 - Wrap your Graham cracker in aluminum foil, and then put in the oven for 30 minutes.
    image.jpg

14 - After 30 minutes take it out of the oven and let it cool down for at least 5 minutes, enjoy :smoking: !
    image.jpg

Here a some extra tips to make your edible experience as potent as possible ( the tips that maximize potency the most IMO are in blue )-
    1. I highly recommend you use high grade medicine rather then mids or regs.
    2. The more the merrier (obviously), I suggest a gram or more of dank, keif can be added to spice is up as well as vaped weed, stems, and leafs.
    3. Grind your medicine as fine as possible, this allows for more absorption.
    4. I heard if you let your herb sit in the butter/ peanut butter/ Nutella mixture for a couple hours before baking it, it allows more THC to be absorbed in the fat.
    5. For the most intense edible experience I suggest you eat them in the morning on a completely empty stomach.
    6. I heard if you eat a piece of bread and butter then eat your edible the extra fat in the butter on the bread will cause more THC to be absorbed from the edible. ( I never tried this but it seems to make sense )
    7. Mixing butter into your peanut butter or Nutella will add more fat for the THC to absorb into, increasing potency.
    8. Always decarb your herb ( let it cook in the oven at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes prior to actually making your edible ).
    Any other tips to increase potency are welcomed!

2. Interesting. Why did you choose to heat your marijuana in the aluminum foil first? Normally, I just throw them all in the oven with peanut butter. It works okay, tastes awful of course.

Another quirk here is the 2 parts nutella 1 part peanut butter. What's your reason for this?

3. #3 Pkrangerown, Jul 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2013
    By heating your marijuana first it causes it to become dry and very easy to turn into powder, powdered marijuana has a greater surface area then simply grinded marijuana which is more coarse (the more surface area the more absorption). As for the 1 part peanut butter to 2 parts Nutella its simply a preference of taste for me, you can just use Nutella or peanutbutter, or whatever mixture you desire.

4. The first, low temp cook decarbs the weed.
    Props to the OP for posting a tutorial using actual sound methods.

Nicely done.
    :smoke:

5. #5 Pkrangerown, Jul 6, 2013
    Thanks :) . But as far as decarbing I really dont understand what it actually "does" I just know by pre-baking the herb before you actually cook your edibles, makes it more potent IMO. Maybe you can elaborate decarbing, I know heating your herb decarbs it but what does that actually mean?

6. Decarbing or decarboxylation is the process of converting THCA into THC. THC isn't present in large quantities in fresh weed. Even cured weed. There is a lot of (hopefully) THCA. It is converted naturally, over time (think year +) and instantly when smoked or vaped.
    Unless you are making edibles from well aged herb you should always decarb.

7. Ok I'm not to familiar with all the chemicals present in marijuana but I am we'll aware of THC and CBD's, so basically THCA is a precursor chemical that over a long period of time changes to THC, but by heating up the herb speeds up this process exponentially? When you smoke or vaporizer marijuana this process happens instantly before the smoke/ vapor is actually inhaled therefor decarbing isn't necessary, but if cooking with marijuana you should decarb your weed before cooking with it as it will convert any THCA to THC. Now I have one more question, wouldn't the THCA technically decarb if you just slap it straight on the Nutella and cook it directly at 335 without prior heating up, if so why do I notice such a dramatic difference from decarbing before I cook with it rather then it just decarb as its cooking?

8. Thanks op, I had a terrible time trying to smoke at kings dominion and I had no clue what these were before, but you made me wanna try this sometime, seems like it would work perfectly :)

"In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws. But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to disobey unjust laws."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

9. Decarbing is done most efficiently before the herb is put in solution (or more precisely in PB). Once it is mixed into something else the temperatures necessary for decarbing aren't reached readily and the process takes a lot longer.
    It is much more efficient to decarb prior to baking into your PB. You are actually extracting the cannabanoids into the fats in the PB not just cooking them together.

10. #10 Pkrangerown, Jul 6, 2013
    Okay thank you for elaborating that for me, makes sense it doesn't decarb nearly as well if its saturated in oils ( peanut butter, Nutella, oil, butter, etc.. ). Maybe that's why the last two times I used an 8th in a 1/4 batch of brownies it didn't really mess me up that much ( I used a quarter both times in a half batch that me and my friend split and ate all at once), I used the water-butter simmer method both times but I didn't de-carb prior to doing that, I only been decarbing for firecrackers because that's just how I've been taught to make them, which actually get me pretty high off a gram ( not stoned just pretty high for about 5 hours and buzzed for about 3 hours following - I have a very high resistance I vaporizer everyday on dank ). Next time I make something other then firecrackers I will decarb prior to cooking and see what happens.

Is that your signature? It would make a nice tattoo.

12. The empty stomach suggestion is recommended. For me it kicks in faster.

13. Hell ya bro thanks, fight the power lol :)

"In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws. But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to disobey unjust laws."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

14. #14 Pkrangerown, Jul 6, 2013
    Lol I just found out I can't even go to six flags tomorrow as the coupon I was going to use to get a days admission for 19.99$ is only good for weekdays :O. (damned fine print...) I'll probably just eat it and watch teen titans or something trippy lol.

15. Lmao teen titans is the shit yo (beast boy is the coolest)

~Martin Luther King Jr.

16. Lmao I just love the episode where every one is getting owned and beast boy just turns into a pigeon and sits on a pole.

17. Exactly! I feel like out of all of them he would be the most likely candidate to smoke the tree of life

~Martin Luther King Jr.

18. #18 Pkrangerown, Jul 6, 2013
    I just ate the firecracker I made in this tutorial, I have to save it was my first time using graham crackers and Nutella, but man I downed this thing and didn't need milk or anything, in fact it tasted good! I willl defiantly only use Nutella and graham crackers from now on... Will post how I feel in an hour or so :smoking:

I still can't believe how good this thing tasted! I wasn't gagging trying to eat it as firecrackers made with just peanutbutter an ritz taste, I actually enjoyed it and savored the flavor of the herb inside.

19. #19 Pkrangerown, Jul 6, 2013
    Okay I'm feeling good af now, just kicked in fast the last 15 minutes I went from like a 4-8 now.. Time is going by really slow which is weird to me as that only happens to me on edibles, it's trippy though lol watching go teen titans

Edit - that fire cracker hit me pretty good, so good infanct I'm gonna use my last bit of dank to make another one, image.jpg

20. The second firecracker I made hit me harder then the first one, I guess it was more lol I couldn't move for a good straight hour after it kicked in.