How To Make Bho To Pass Testing. Really Nice Wax/shatter.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by stupidstuff, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Nice, looks like something I would like to hang on the tree!!

2. Looks very sweet.:smoking:

3. Not taking any credit! Wish that was my BHO! But sure looks tasty!

4. So I have been looking for a vacuum pump and chamber setup online...

Found this on YouTube and it would work great for me, but I have no idea how hey made it. Anybody seen anything like it or know how he made it? Either way its a pretty cheap ingenious vacuum chamber, that I will have to figure out how to duplicate.

image-682231184.jpg

Here is the link to the video..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=f16ffWrnf2Q

5. Those glass jars are not meant for vacuum. I wouldn't risk it. Might work fine then one day might implode on you and at the least ruin your hash and at the worst cut you something fierce.

6. And that's why I post on forums, thanks for the reality check. Ill keep looking for a good cheap chamber..

7. ya vac chambers that can hold a real vacuum are stupid expensive... that the only reason I never went down the path of vacuum purging.

8. Ummmm...... No......

I'm getting a vacuum chamber custom made for me for less than $150, the key is dealing direct with a company that does the fabrication.. You just need to do some searching and I bet you can find one.

9. I'm sorry but that translates to stupid expensive for me. :)

10. Lol, well that's fair enough. Here's to hoping the holidays bring you a little extra cash.

11. [quote name='"stealthboxit"']

I'm sorry but that translates to stupid expensive for me. :)[/quote]

Dude 50$ at Bimart for a pressure cooker and a little ingenuity go a long way, lol

12. Hey man, I noticed you're using a stainless steel pressure cooker. What are you using as a gasket?

13. Subbed wanna do this

14. im having great results without vac tek. :wave: you also forget to factor in the actual pump, and all the other misc stuff that goes along with vac tec. i guess it all adds up to stupid expensive for me lol

15. #115 stupidstuff, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
    It comes with one on it already. It is different from a cooker i think as it is a pressure canner. I dont know what the difference is between the two but i am sure both will hold up to a vacuum. Thats why I chose it. They can be had for really cheap and modified for a vacuum with some simple orings and such.

Mine has held -29inhg vacuum for days. I currently have a vacuum oven I have yet to set up.

Also there are some people online selling a plexy glass lid and gasket for a aluminum canning pot. They sell the entire setup with pump for under 200.

THis one is only 140 and is a 3 gallon with clear top. This would be $240 with a small cheat single stage pump. These are easy to make and there is a video on youtube.
    3 Gal Vacuum Chamber Stainless Steel Stabilized Burl Wood de Gass Silicone Mold | eBay

Ya if your method is not broken dont fix it. The equipment is at the least $160 and that is the cheapest stuf around and not so easy to make work. A cheap vacuuming setup that is user friendly is around $300. So not so cheap. $300 buys alot of ethanol.

16. #117 stupidstuff, Dec 2, 2012
    They both look fine in fact yours looks like a nicer product but it is small. If you only plan on doing small runs then it is fine but I would look around online for a few days and save the ones that peak your interest. Then buy the one you really want.

Size can be a blessing and a curse. The bigger the chamber the longer it will take a small pump to reach a vacuum and the more ware and tare on the pump as well. But you have plenty of room for oil slick pads and such unlike in a small chamber. So it is all in how you will use it.

I would save up and get a 2 stage pump and a nice large vacuum chamber. I wish i had skipped all the cheap stuf and saved the money. I list the cheap stuff in my OP because I thought it was all people would want to get to try this BHO thing.:smoking:

17. Contact the company to get it made to your specifications! Big chamber, small chamber, ports and gauges can be moved to wherever you'd like them. IE they'll work WITH you...

I believe they even offer a trade in program for old vac chambers - regardless of the manufacturer.

18. #119 stupidstuff, Dec 2, 2012
    Moved from one page back.

New batch: year old trim and buds. I dont judge what people bring me and it usually turns out nice.

-Relative humidity: 90%

-Dehydration temperature: 120

-Dehydration time:3hours

-number of glass tubs per 8x8 dish: 7

-Purge temps/times
    Bath: 110 until it starts to puff up then whipped it for 5 min.
    Oven: N/A for the shatter,
    Vaccum: Shatter:full vacuum at a temp of 100 then release, did it several time with 20 min intervals for each stage. Hard wax: full vacuum for 4 hours at a temp of 110-120. Then at a temp of 100 I vacuumed and folded on PP at 20 min intervals just like the shatter.

-Amount at starting point, dehydrated: 1.5 lbs

-Yield: 120 grams

-Final consistency: Hard wax/shatter per request

-Notes:In this run i used some leaves, shake, trim, and bud from the 2011 harvest. It is darker than i usually make but considering it was 50% leaves I think it came out nice. It has a grassy but pleasant taste and strong effects.
    Some shattered bits from the shatter
    [​IMG]
    A one ounce puck of the hard wax, Same color but easier to get a dab of.
    [​IMG]

19. Well I think ill do a bit more research and decide, but good point ill definitely get a chamber big enough for the 8x8 Pyrex. And from everybody talking a 2 stage pump is definitely in my future.