How To Make Bho To Pass Testing. Really Nice Wax/shatter.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by stupidstuff, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Know it's been a while but I was curious if anyone had any experience with the rosin technologies press?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yes, now i am doing within 90 - 95 farenheits and now shatter is doing great... next bach i'll send a picture...

I read the lasts posts, so what do you suggest . Is better freeze the dryied weed or is sametthing? bcs i put it on the tube then freeze for 2-3 hours

3. I'm not to sure about that one I have blasted frozen dry trim fresh frozen, dry rooms temp. Etc. The biggest difference I find is between fresh and dry material. Dry material obviously giving you better yields.

sent from my garden

• Like Like x 1
  4. Have you ever tried to dehydrate the fresh leaves through sublimation of h2o?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Have you ever tried to dehydrate the fresh leaves through sublimation of h2o?

6. No !!!!!!!
    You're not blast on to any kind of substance material except for Pyrex or stainless steel!!

7. Here's what I did, and it actually worked out perfectly first ID carved it at about 120° for about 4 to 5 hours steady pressure. And I ended up putting it in between two pieces of wax paper while it was still gummy and I rolled it with a rolling pin ( of course you have to make sure that it's a meet in between the two parchment paper's!
    And then !!!
    I actually put it in the freezer, for two hours took it back out, and he did it back up to about 95 to 100°. Ended up being the best crumble I've ever had. I couldn't open my freaking eyes!!!!
    Can't find any pictures of the finished product, goddamnit, but anyway give that a shot you can't roll and it is long as you don't go to hot

Good luck
    RA

Attached Files:

8. Heated it back up^^^

9. #4609 DabbinDevil, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    First time poster long time reader and researcher.
    First of all thank all of you for your great information, lessons learned and various techniques
    I have not yet run any BHO ever. I have been reading now for months and have been slowly gathering the necessary items that I plan on using for my runs. I have taken everyone's ideas and did additional research on which pumps chambers tubes etc... that I would use and developed my list from there.
    After reading through the two very large BHO threads here at Grasscity, I was virtually all set on how where and what temps I planned on using for my first run. Of course throughout the entire thread, the technology has certainly changed.
    However right towards the end of all the information came the dewaxing during butane purge process. That threw me to where I am
    I have access to 190 proof EC so it's easily avail to me
    So my question is if I were to blast with butane, then dewax with EC, after the low temp cook off EC and then into the vac chamber shouldn't I be concerned with the common poly vac top material that is used since they react with alcohol negatively?. I am thinking I need the glass top version (glass vac from BVV) to be safer????
    Many state that vac is not required if dewaxing with ec but I want to do the best job possible and be sure of a safe product. Besides if the dewaxing does not appeal to me, I will still need the vac. Setup
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.

10. It’s been a while since I looked at this thread. How’s the oil looking these days?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mate, absolutely legendary write up. Thank you so much for your time. I cant believe i only just found this now.
    Much love from Aotearoa brother!

12. I'm from BC. I've made BHO honey oil since I was 13 from shake not buds and never once got green or black oil and never once used a dehydrator ‍♂️ so that's bullshit
    Other than that great guide I've been looking for a good way to make shatter. I was wondering what the best vacuum would be nowadays in terms of bang for buck as this post was written years ago

13. It’s actually not bs. It just takes quite a bit of moisture to leach chlorophyll into the extract. Back in the day people were trying to run stuff that was not dry. The main point is it increases yield and you need less butane. But you will have to take my word on that as I have no actual data to prove it.

14. Been years and this is very old info at this point but I still make it this way to this day, and nothing at any club does as much. Happy extracting from the old guard!