How to make air tight grow box?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by trixx, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Ive decided to make my first grow an indoor stealth cab grow. The only problem is this. I have about a 2.5ftx3ft growing space. The highth is unlimited. I will be making the box out of plywood and 2x4's. My question is how do i make it air tight while still being able take the top off and water, move plants around and what not. I was thinking putting weather stripping on the lid and then a hinge lock type thing. What do you think?

2. Yea, weather stripping is good, and yes youll need some sort of door or hatch set on hinges to access.
    Remember, you will also need to cut holes for fan ventilation. Preferably cool air brung in from down low, and warm air exhaust from up high.

3. my exhaust vent will lead into a long smal duct, do you think a computer fan will spin the air all the way thru a 20ft duct to outside?>

4. small fans dont have the power to push through ducting, unless it is designed for that, it may work for a while but will have to replace the light later on. You can get smaller inline setups for a fair price right now, and that would be all you need for intake/exhaust through ducting, and with a lot more power. For a little more cash you can get a flter. i spent 150 on the name brand stuff i bougt and is probable a bit of overkill but oh well means even lower temps.

depending on your choice of lighting you can avoid having to create cool air some how unless you natural abient temps are always below 86.