How to make a Voss Gravity Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Grimreefer623, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Whats up fellow tokers? Someone pm'd me asking how I would make a gravity bong, so I typed this little tutorial up for them, and figured I'd make a thread for it, so I can share the idea with others too :) I came up with this myself, experimenting with different jars and bottles, this is so far the best design for a gravity bong I've invented or came across.

If you want to make my Voss gravity then
    You will need:
    Buy one of these.
    [​IMG]
    Thats the bulk size dill strips or spears or w/e. not the whole pickle, that jar is different.
    You can find them at Walmart for about $3.
    Next go find this
    [​IMG]
    I buy them at Sheetz. Its not what I'd call cheap water either, and its not that tasty. $3 or $4. Remember to get the biggest one.
    Now go home and eat all those pickles so you can use that jar. lol.
    Cut the bottom off your Voss bottle like so
    [​IMG]
    I dont know what equipment as far as slides and shit you have to work with,
    but I have both female and male glass slides, so i just made a hole in the cap:
    [​IMG]
    Then added a simple seal, you can get these at any headshop for cheap.. like a few cents, and if you dont have access to that, try the plumbing section in your local department stores for different o-rings.
    But yeah, once the seals in it looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    and the finished cap:
    [​IMG]
    pretty riiiight?
    So anyway, you clean out that pickle jar yet?! Well get on it! your only like 2 or 3 steps away from tokin up! :D
    Fill your water to about where the neck is on the jar, stick in your bottle, pack it up, and light it up!
    I use crisco spray on my voss bottle to keep it nice and smooth.
    and i added a handle to keep the grease off my hands with a coathanger and some electrical tape. Its pretty simple with a pair of pliers to make a simple fold and wrap it around, but you have to bend it down to fit under the cap without obstructing it. looks like this..
    [​IMG]

and heres the finished product. (taken before handle was added)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It delivers milky white concentrated smoke every time, and its ultra efficient for the stoner with a budget. Enjoy! and lemme know what you think! :wave: I'm about to take a big rip right now. :smoking:

2. Looks really good ^ :smoke:

3. love it dude. Looks nicer than my 2liter bottles. But I happen to always have those around....

4. LETS SEE IT IN ACTION!! teeeheee

5. This.

6. Probably the cleanest grav bong I've seen

7. I'll get on this once i get some more green :) havent taken a vid of it yet. and thanks guys

8. Never heard of Voss but those bottles are pretty slick man

9. This is sickness.

10. Yes but you only need to make this once.. 2 liters tend to be knocked over or thrown out, but this shit looks nice, who'd wanna fuck it up lol.

11. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzda9yB_W7w"]Heres the Voss gravity in action[/ame]
    Sorry for the crap cam quality..
    When i got more weed to burn all at once ill pack this bitch full and get a better vid.
    :wave:

12. Very good guide bud. Is the Voss bottle glass? If so then you need a glass cutter to make 1 of those? Very clean looking

13. Thanks :D I wish the bottle was glass, yeah i'd of included that step if it was haha. I think they sell special glass ones at certain restaraunts.. now that would be one kickass gravity.

14. what brand of pickles? lol ranndommmm. im blazed and interested in making one...probably gonna run to sheetz and the grocery store as soon as i get my answer.

15. They sell glass ones at the tj maxx by my house. They even have miniature ones too that fit perfectly, so you could make a glass on glass all voss grav bong!

16. now thats the shit. thank you! ill be lookin for a tj maxx lol

17. hahaa sorry i didnt get back to you earlier buddy! its mt. olive. the biggest jar you can get, make sure its the spears tho and not the whole pickles, lemme know if you make it or not and what you think :)

18. Dude I have the glass voss bottles the large ones.. I wish there was an easy way to break the bottom off cause I think i could make a sick GB

19. I turned the large voss bottle into a sweet stemline by drilling a hole with a diamond tip drill bit in the side... was easy enough.

If you just want to crack the bottom off, tie a string around the bottom and make it wet with iso or gas or something. light it on fire and let it get really hot then dip it in water. should snap the bottom right off. Just use gloves.